The Witch (Chapter 12)

Amelia’s POV:

We were both in my room and Natalia had just came back from her bath and we were currently sitting on my bed. I didn’t know how to begin the topic so I just said.

“Tell me. Everything.”

She looked down and took a deep breath as if it were something very difficult to say.

“I’m a witch...”

She looked at me uncertainly as if she didn’t know how I was going to react, to be honest I didn’t know how to react. She was a witch. Those sorts of people were hanged, even if they were only joking. The King, if he found out not only would she be dead, but I would be dead too. I’d be dead because I would be hiding a witch knowing that she was one. Knowing that she was one would be extremely dangerous and I would have to be very cautious of what I’d say around people and what I’d do around them. Hiding her would be easy, just making sure that she didn’t do anything to show her true identity would probably be harder. If I were a witch then I would want to flounce off my skills, obviously Natalia wouldn’t be able to do that. On the other hand, I could hand Natalia in and I wouldn’t have to worry about anything, she would be out of my hands and instead I would have a healthy reward. Of course, I couldn’t do that that would be cruel. I wouldn’t like it if I trusted someone enough to tell them my secret then find out that they’d only just gone and told the entire world. I’d be devastated! I knew it would be hard keeping her at my home but then again, wouldn’t that bring us closer. We’d be like sisters! I’d always wanted a sister!

“It’s okay Natalia; you can still stay in my house. As long as you don’t show anybody harmful your powers then you can stay here as long as you like.”

Her face lit up and she leaped from the other side of the bed to pull me into a death-grip hug.

“Thank you so much! I’ve never told anyone my secret before! I can teach you some things, you won’t be able to do the more complicated spells but I can teach you some of the easier ones!”

She pulled away from the hug with tears shining in her eyes and we both burst out laughing. I gave her a thumbs up and that made us laugh even more. There was nothing to worry about, the whole house slept like a rock.

“Yeah, I’m sure that it’ll be brilliant! Though I must admit that I am most probably the worst learner you’ll ever know! Maybe you could teach me some other stuff as well!”

“Well, I am pretty good at horse riding and wielding a sword. I can show you some techniques tomorrow even!”

“That’d be brilliant! But still how did you escape from the dungeons?”             

She laughed and shook her head at me.

“Well, I thought about going out big and destroying the entire cell’s door. But I decided that doing that would only make my job of getting out even harder, because then someone would hear me and would check on me in an instance! So I picked the boring but easy way out. I used my powers to get the keys from the guard and then on my way out I knocked him out. I then ran into you. Why were you crying so much anyway?”

I lowered my head in shame. Why’d she have to ask that question? I know I asked her a difficult question but mine is pretty shameful. I had to tell her of course, she told me a secret which could’ve gotten her killed but she trusted me enough to not tell anybody. So that must mean that I can trust her enough to not make fun of me and tell others.

“He insulted me, to my face. It was the worst thing I had ever gone through.”

My voice cracked at the end and I could already feel my eyes filling up with tears. It’s not like I hadn’t cried enough today but it seems like that time wasn’t enough. Natalia could see that I was crying so she slapped my face. Wait, WHAT?

“Pull yourself together woman! Come on! We’ll get him back! We’ll make sure that the next time you see him you will be better than him in every way! Pull! Yourself! Together!”

Why’d she have to slap me so hard? That was painful! I involuntarily lifted my hand up to my cheek to try and take away some of the pain. Man she can slap hard! I lifted my hand up to slap her back but she quickly grabbed it and struck me again in the face! Please! Give me a break!

“I don’t need pulling together so that’s why you can’t slap me. But some day, you never know you might need to pull me together and then, only then, you can slap me as hard as you possibly can. I must warn you however I shall try to slap you... Possibly kill you.”

By that point she was laughing she used sarcasm well but at the moment she was making fun of me, which was not very nice. She was joking of course, but that only made it worse as it seemed as if she thought that I wouldn’t even be able to slap her in the first place, which to me seemed like a huge insult. She left go of my hand and before she could stop me I slapped her right round the face and the noise echoed throughout the entire room. I burst out laughing before I could possibly stop myself. She mouth dropped into a tiny ‘o’. She shook her head and pointed her finger at me.

“I’ll give you that one, I kinda deserved it. But the next time you slap me don’t think you’ll be as lucky.”

There was a long red mark in the shape of a hand on the side of Natalia’s face and I’m pretty sure there was one on my face too. The stinging had gone but I’m pretty sure that Natalia’s face is stinging now instead. I started laughing even harder and I’m pretty sure I fell down as suddenly I heard a thump and I was looking up at the ceiling. That didn’t make the situation any easier as that made me laugh even harder and Natalia was sitting on the bed in a huge grump. I lifted up my hands as if to say sorry and I must’ve looked pretty funny as Natalia suddenly burst out laughing too. When I finally got my self control back I looked through the window and realised that the sun was slowly starting to filter in through the window. It was a beautiful sight but it sent warning bells off in my head as that meant that the maids would soon start waking up. I shushed Natalia and pointed out the window. She quickly understood what I meant and I got up and locked the door so that none of the maids could enter and find out that Natalia was in here.The news of her escaping had probably spread everywhere with the King wanting to find her. I had made a make-shift bed for her to sleep on. It included one mattress (Mother insists that I have two to make sure my back doesn’t get hurt) pillows and a duvet from my wardrobe. It was basically another bed. We both got into our beds and closed our eyes.

“Goodnight Amelia and thank you for letting me stay here.”

“You’re welcome and goodnight to you too.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou for reading this!! Vote, Comment and Fan!! Please? :)