The Witch (Chapter 20)

Amelia’s POV:

Recap:

“How dare she waste my time!”

Wait I know that voice! It’s the Prince’s! I’m in the Prince’s head quarters!

Oh great...

HELP!

This is bad... This is really bad...

I couldn’t see anything still. I needed to get closer if I wanted to make one hundred percent sure that the voice which I just heard was the Prince’s.

“Sire, she is not wasting your time, she’s just running a little late...”

I could hear some shuffling on the other side. The man who had just spoken was probably his personal man servant. He sounded quite intimidated, poor man...

I heard Simon sigh and I heard the creak of the bed. He must be quite heavy if he can make it creak that badly or he is in real need of a new bed. I could imagine him placing his head in his hands. Oh how I would love to co-. Wow WHAT??? Where did that thought track come from??? I must’ve not slept for long enough last night... Wow...

“Just leave me in peace Geoffrey.”

I heard no reply but the door closing. I was about to reveal myself until I heard someone step in. Their shoes clicked on the surface of the stone floor. Who was that? There was a tiny little gap at the bottom of the screen. I knelt down and placed my head on the floor I couldn’t see much, only feet. There wasn’t much to see.

“What are you doing here?”

Who? Who’s there?

“I’m here for you...”

Whoa! That was Natalia. What’s she doing here? What does she want with Simon? Why did she say that? What does she want to do? She said it sort of seductively, as if she wanted to do something with Simon. But why? She doesn’t even know him. Why hasn’t he called his guards yet? Surely he doesn’t know who she is?

Well, she did insult the king so surely he would’ve called the guards for justice...

I heard the bed creak and I only saw red. How could she steal him from me! I ripped through the screen and tore it to shreds. What I saw was something which I’d never suspected it to be. Simon was sitting on the bed with a look of rage mixed with surprise. Whereas Natalia was standing on the other end of the room staring at me as if I was some sort of alien.

We all looked at each other with our mouths open and you could tell that we were all in shock. The first person to break the silence was Natalia. She completely cracked up and started laughing. Tears rolled out of her eyes and she hugged her stomach trying to ease the pain in her stomach from laughing so hard.

Both me and Simon looked at her as if she were insane and then both turned to each other our eyes connected and I felt myself slowly calming down as I looked into his eyes. I felt myself getting happier with each second that passed with him staring at me. That feeling was broken when he literally screamed at me.

“What are you doing here?”

His voice echoed around the room, bouncing off the stone walls and hitting my ears full force. I was too stunned to answer.

He stood up off the bed and took a step towards me. He ran his hand through his hair and took a deep breath.

“What are you doing here? Why did you come?”

Wait, is he asking me why I’m here? He knows that his father invited me here.

I raised my head up high and answered with as much dignity as I could muster.