Chapter 1

•Only Stories•

^Kol Reynolds^

"I can't seem to let this all pass me by"

"What are you looking at?" Kol jokingly asks, tucking a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear.

The morning sun was leaking through his dorms windows, shining a little stream of light across our bodies.

"My sexy boyfriend." I whisper, taking a hold of his large hand and pulling it around my waist.

He spreads his palm on my back and lifts his shirt up above my bottom, "I'm flattered."

I giggle as his thumb runs across my panty line, tickling me. I laugh harder when he quickens his pace, his fingers spreading across my body.

"Kol stop!" I giggle, pushing against his bare chest, urging him away. His rock hard chest is warm under my palm, making me blush from the closeness of our bodies. It's been a year and I'm still not use to how incredibly god like Kol is.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks, running his large thumb over my bottom lip. I teasingly suck on it, causing his eyes to darken.

Before he can reach out and pull me closer I hop out of the bed, pulling his shirt farther down my body. I point my finger at him, turn it over and urge him towards me, "I was thinking about how tomorrow is my grandmothers yearly summer ball, and how happy and honored you are to escort me." I smile down at him as I walk to him.

"Escort you?" He raises an eyebrow, "Shall I fetch my carriage?"

I giggle and plop down next to him, he uses his elbows to incline himself up to look at me. His blue eyes twinkling from the sunlight, his tanned skin shimmering, "You know my grandmother. Always stuck in the early 1800's, she wants us wearing huge dresses with an escort on our hip, and lucky for you," I lean down and place a kiss on his plump lips, "That's you."

"Joy." Kol lamely states, licking his lips.

I cheer aloud and straddle his waist as he groans and pulls a pillow over his head.

His shoulder length hair pools around his covered head, his muscles littered with tattoos bulging underneath me. It's moments like these that I wish I had a camera in my head to snapshot and keep this memory forever. It just feels like everything is moving too fast.

Kol was the running back for our college team, ever since he got a full ride scholarship and committed the team had flourished and rose to number one in the nation. It's been four years now, his contract coming to an end. Which meant draft season, and every NFL team was dying to have him. He'd be leaving college, and I couldn't help but fear that he'd be leaving me behind too. A little fling that happened between a senior and sophomore that ended in him running with the money and her in the dust trying to keep up.

We had met a year ago during my freshman year at one of his games. He came off the field raging mad not seeing the girl, studying journalism, trying to ask questions for her mid term assignment. It ended in me tumbling on the turf, falling on my back.

"I'm so sorry." His deep voice had me shooting my head up. It was a velvety voice that had me shivering even more in the chilly night.