25

"Mates, what the hell is this a movie!" I exclaimed a little annoyed."Actually here is a book on it Ava." And Deaton handed it to me. I looked at the cover and it was two wolves howling at the moon, with their tails wrapped around each other. I was being pranked. Yeah that's it, pranked.

"You guys are serious." I said and sat down."Very." Scott said.
"What does it mean?" Liam asked.
"It means that there is a physical and emotional attraction between you two, and it seems to be really strong." Deaton said.

"You two have to be together, and you make each other stronger." Deaton said. I still don't believe this. But what else is there.

"So how is it going to effect us?" I asked.
"Well for Liam he will get stronger, and angrier if he feels like someone wants to take you away from him. You will also feel each others pain. But for you Ava, there is a lot more. You will loose some of your abilities, such as the power to put people in trances and your siren song." Deaton said.

Thank God I don't use those anyway. But with Liam getting angry times ten is not good. He's already IED, this won't make it better.

We left his office and Liam and I sat in the back seat of Kira's car. I looked out the window. This is to much, to much for me to handle right now. I felt him touch my hand. I looked over at him and he looked right in my eyes. I wonder what he's thinking.

Liam's mind
Did she want to be my mate, was she worried? I actually like her though. Things are just happening to fast, she has to like me like I like her. She has to.

Reality
I do like you Liam. Oh God, I hope he doesn't let this get to his head.

We came across a stop light and I couldn't do this. I opened the door and ran into the woods. I ran and ran, and didn't stop running. Until I started flying. At least they couldn't find me up here.

Liam's POV
She ran away. Into the woods,and I don't know why. Was she scared. Did she not want to be mates. I ruined this whole thing.

I jumped out the car, and ran into the woods. I followed her scent to a nearby tree. But she wasn't there. I looked around and there was no trace.

"Oh my God, what have I done? What did I did? Why'd I drive her away?" I said. Then I looked up and saw her flying north.

I ran to find her, and came across the tree she took me to. She was sitting in front of it, crying.

"What's wrong, I did something didn't I?" I said. She looked up.
"No,you didn't. Its just this is too much." Ava said.

I wiped away her tears.
"Its okay." I said.

I helped her up and we walked back to the car.

Ava's POV
Liam was really caring about the whole thing. Instead of going straight home, Scott had a plan for the day.

Eventually we got home and started with the plan. We were trying to catch the Benefactor. Me and Kira were going to shock Scott's heart into a state of numbness. Then we would leave it to Chris and Stiles to catch The Benefactor looking for Scott's body.