Chapter 11

*Brittany's P.O.V*

I run upstairs, and slam the door to my room.

Jumping on to my bed, I can't hold back the sobs anymore so I bury my face in my pillow and let them go.

I hear someone gently open my door, but I don't look up.

This is the worst day of my life.

"What did he do?" Karly gently says as she lays on the bed next to me.

"H-he is a ga-ganglea-leader." As I say it outloud I sob harder, and I hear Karly gasp.

She stays silent and slowly I stop crying.

"What gang?" She whispers.

I shake my head, I don't want to answer.

If I answer it will make it that much more real.

Maybe I'm dreaming.

Maybe I'll wake up and Adam will just run a business or something...

"The Red Vipers." I finally say.

I look up, and Karly nods slowly.

"Wow... So... What happened?" She looks at me with pity.

I slowly sit up in the bed, and hug a pillow to my chest.

"I told him to take me home, and he did. I also told him to never contact me again." I whisper sadly.

She jumps off of the bed and my head snaps up to look at her.

"Get up. We're going to make you look dazzling, then you're gonna go see Adam." Se states with a mischievous smile.

I shake my head.

"I don't even know where he lives. Plus, I don't wanna get involved with him." I argue.

"You were at his house after you went to the club, nice try. And yea you do. If you didn't, you wouldn't be crying. And don't tell me you didn't expect him to be in a gang or something. He has gang leader practically tattooed on his forehead."she says sassily.

"But it isn't that easy!" I stand up as I talk, "He is merciless, cruel, and mean! I can't continue to see someone like that! I'm not crying over him! I'm crying over the fact that I let someone in, I trusted someone, and they broke my trust! He didn't tell me. I could be in danger if I get involved with hi! You could get in danger." I say raising my voice.

"Yes, you can. If you really like him, you will. I see the way you look at him! You really like him! Give him a chance! He might not be as bad as you think! I understand that he is a gangleader, and I understand how dangerous that is, but if you let him in, and you trusted him, doesn't that count for anything? Do you see the way he looks at you? He would never let anything happen to you. Ever. " She takes a step closer to me putting her hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"But what if he hurts me?" I say quietly, lowering my gaze to the floor, embarrassed.

"Then it will be a good life lesson," she says just as quietly.

I sigh in defeat, not really believing her.

I mean, he is a gangleader for gosh sakes.

I could get in a lot of trouble by being involved with him.

I could get hurt.

But that's not what worries me.

What worries me is my sister.

If I get involved with him, Karly might be dragged in to this.

She is only 14.

She has her whole life ahead of her.

I can't just go around making decisions that might affect her whole life without thinking about it some.

"I guess you're right, but it's Tuesday. Can't I just have to the end of the week to think about it?" I mumble.

"You have until Friday. You can't keep doing this Britt. Everyone that is here for you and cares about you gets pushed away. You always push everyone away. Adam isn't someone that can just be forgotten. Adam is a once in a lifetime thing, and even though he does run a gang, doesn't mean you can't date him. It doesn't mean that we will get hurt. Don't let me affect your decision. I am 14 years old, and I can pretty much make my own decisions. I'm way more mature for my age. Don't worry about me. Do what makes you happy." She ends er rant.

"Karly, I will always think about how it affects you. You are the most important person in my life. I love you. You are my sister. You are the only thing that matters to me. If I somehow get you hurt, or make a decision that hurts you, I won't be able to live with myself. I can't stand the thought of losing you. You are my happiness. You are my blood. You know how it feels. You understand. I basically raised you. Of course I'm going to think about you." I say, and run my hand through my already messy hair.

"I'm not telling you to not think about me. I'm simply telling you that I see the way you look at Adam. You like him. Dare I say love him. You care about him. You can't let this one little thing affect your happiness." She tells me, with a small smile.

"But this isn't a little thing. This is a life changing thing. Do you know how much danger we could be in by just talking to him?" I say.

I'm really started to get agitated by her.

"Yes, I do. But has he let anything happen to you yet? No. Give him a chance. He at least deserves that. He is different Britt. He won't leave. He deserves a chance." She replies in a tone that says this conversation is over.

I sigh, and flop down on my bed.

"Netflix?" I say, changing the subject.

"Netflix." She replies.

Scooting over in my bed, I watch as she grabs my computer and then flops down beside me.

"Maybe netflix will be our always." She whispers, and I laugh.

"What do you wanna watch?" I ask, as I turn my computer on and get on netflix.

"Vampire Diaries." She says, with no hesitation.

Clicking on Vampire Diaries, I put the computer between us and watch the show, trying not to think about Adam much.

Over the next few days, all I can think about is what I wanna do about the Adam situation...

Yes, I like him.

No, I don't want to put Kars in danger.

Yes, he makes me happy.

No, I don't want to get involved.

But I do...

He does make me happy.

I trust him.

He hasn't let anything happen to me.

He's saved me from someone actually.

Someone that was going to hurt me.

But at the same time, I could get dragged in to gang things.

If the police found I could get in trouble with them.

My life could be in danger.

Karly's life could be in danger.

With those thoughts in mind, I finally figure out what I'm going to do.

----------------

Hey guys.

This is edited and fixed.

Next chapter is longer.

A short little cliffhanger for ya.

Read. Comment. Vote.

-A