Chapter 22

*Adams P.O.V*

I didn't mean to fall asleep.

I really didn't, but holding her again after I lost her, just made me finally feel at peace.

I barely slept at all when I didn't have her.

When I didn't know she was safe.

I shift, trying to get comfortable again, when Brittany starts to thrash around.

She moves around, and her hand comes in contact with my face probably leaving a red mark.

Damn that girl is strong.

She starts to whimper, and I realize she's having a nightmare.

"Brittany." I say, shaking her slightly.

She doesn't wake up.

"Brittany," I say a little louder.

Still nothing.

"Brittany, baby, wake up!" I say, shaking her more.

Oh god, please wake up.

Suddenly she stops moving.

Her eyes slowly flutter open, and she looks at me with tears in her big blue eyes.

I feel my heart break at the sight.

I gently pull her to me, wrapping my arms around her tightly.

"Baby, it's ok. It was just a dream. You're ok. I have you." I say softly.

Baby.

You just called her baby.

You dumb fuck. She doesn't even remember you, you're gonna scare her.

"I-It was a memory. I-It was re-real! I remembered things about my parents, a-and my childhood!" She hiccuped, her hands fisting in to my shirt.

I nod my head slowly, letting her cry in to my, now soaked, shirt.

"Well, on the bright side you get to go home tonight. Actually in about," I say, and pull my phone out of my back pocket, checking the time, "30 minutes."

That just makes her cry more.

Ah, damn it. That wasn't the right way to word it, idiot.

"I don't wanna go ho-home! M-my parents beat me! Wh-why would I wanna g-go home to th-that?" She sobs.

"baby girl, no. You live with me. I took you out of that hell house. You're ok now." I mumble sweetly.

Baby girl.

Fuck. me.

What is wrong with me?

She slowly stops crying and looks up at me, her blue eyes shinning.

"Thank you for everything." She says, and her lips turn up in to a small smile.

I smile, and the urge to kiss her is getting too strong so I let go of her and get off of the bed.

"What are you doing?" She asks, her eyes going wide.

"I uhm.. I just... Imma be honest with you. I just want to push you on to that bed and kiss you until you can't breathe... But I can't." I say bluntly, making her eyes go wider.

Then her face changes in to a smirk.

"Well, why can't you?" She asks, while twirling her hair around her finger.

I feel my cheeks heat up, and I look at her shocked.

When did she get so forward?

Wait...

When did I start blushing?

She just smirks more and bites her lower lip.

Reaching over, I gently pull it from her teeth.

"Stop that. Do it again, and I'll bite it." I wink at her, and she erupts in to giggles.

I sit in the chair next to her bed and grab her hand, brushing my finger over her thumb.

She smiles at me, and bites her lip again.

I gently pull it from her lip again, and lean closer to her so I'm speaking in to her ear.

"If we weren't in the hospital, I would bend you over a coun-"

"Excuse me," A doctor interrupts.

He clears his throat and I fall back in to my seat, laughing when I see that Brittany's eyes are about to pop out of her head, and her face is as red as a tomato.

The doctor puts a straight face on, but he is clearly amused.

"Well, Miss, are you ready to go... Home?" He says, and shoots me a quick glance.

Her face reddens and she shakes her head yes.

"Well, after you sign this your boyfriend here can help you change, and you can go home." He smiles, and holds out a clipboard and piece of paper towards Brittany.

She takes it and quickly scribbles her signature.

"It might be a little harder to get around ever since the accident and everything but it shouldn't be that hard. Especially with the help of Adam." The doctor says.

The doctor smiles and leaves, giving us privacy so she can change.

She steps out of the bed, and her knees buckle, making me quickly grab her and hold her up.

"Thanks," she whispers, staring at my lips.

I smirk, and help her walk over to a small table where her clothes are.

I let her go and slowly untie her hospital gown, letting it drop to the ground.

Grabbing a pink sweater off of the table, I slip it over her head.

Then I grab her black leggings, and help her slide in to them.

She sits down and puts knee socks on, sliding black uggs on over.

"Who brought these here and why didn't I notice?" She laughs.

"Karly came by while you were sleeping and dropped them off since she knew you were going home today." I respond.

Karly stopped by right before I fell asleep, and told me to take care of Brittany or she would castrate me...

I help her up, and together we walk out of her hospital room.

I think it's safe to say that we were both happy to be going home.

-----------

Hey guys.

This is edited and fixed.

Ilysm.

Who's you favorite character??

Read, Comment, Vote!
-A