s l e e p o v e r

Favorite quote from this chapter:

"We should always think positively, Mal." - Samina Corke

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malorie, Samina, Vialette, and Amadia walked up the stairs and went into Amadia's chosen bedroom on the third floor. 

"So this is the room you chose?" Vialette asked Amadia, looking around at the room. Amadia's new bedroom was a large room, almost as large as the Master bedroom. It had a large living space including Amadia's old bed and nightstand in one corner, but the best part was the room's own restroom. 

There was a Jacuzzi, a bath, a shower, and the sink all spread out in the corners of the big restroom. There were already three fresh, clean towels folded on top of the white marble sink. 

"You are, like, so lucky..." Samina said, gazing around. 

"Thank you." Amadia replied. She walked over to her walk-in closet and showed them all of her Coach, Juicy Couture, Ralph Lauren, Prada, Marc Jacobs, and Valentino clothing. Vialette glared at all of Amadia's clothes. 

These clothes are the most expensive clothes of all clothing brands, and I only have the whole clothing line from Versace! Vialette thought. With this much clothes, Amadia might just overthrow my place at Marina.

Amadia plopped herself down on her airbed covered by her plush, red comforter. 

"So what did you want to talk about my being a banshee?" Amadia asked her friends, letting them sit down on her luxury leather beanbag chairs on her floor. 

"Uh, excuse me? Maddy, you're a banshee, and you're asking us why that is such a big deal? Maddy, you have the power to tell if someone is about to die. And, we just heard your scream, like, next door. It was so loud," Vialette explained, twirling a lock of brown ombre hair around her perfectly manicured finger as she spoke. 

Looking over at Vialette, Samina tried to copy her by twirling her blonde, two-toned hair around her own finger. 

"I know, right?" she said. Samina crossed her legs just like Vialette was doing. 

"Well...I just found out that I was one, too, so don't ask me way too many questions." Amadia said. Malorie folded her arms and flipped her black-blonde curls over her shoulder. 

"Well, I think you should answer some, Mads. We want some answers. We're sleeping over at your house tonight, anyway." Malorie said. 

"We are? I mean, yes, yes we are." Vialette agreed. Samina nodded. Amadia shrugged.

"So, our first question is, how did you find out?" Samina asked Amadia, looking at Vialette if she approved of her question. Vialette nodded and waited for Amadia to answer. 

"My mom showed me a video of when I was young, and my dad was about to pass away," Amadia said, "and she told me during the video that I was a banshee, a spirit from the underworld that can be sent a message when a person in her family is about to die." Amadia nodded at the girls. 

"In the video, my hair stretched to be up to my ankles, my shoes or whatever I was wearing on my feet disappeared, and my clothes turned into an all-white dress up to my knees." Amadia described, thinking about that experience downstairs. Malorie, Samina, and Vialette's mouths dropped open. 

"Whoa...being a vampire is so much easier!" Vialette stated, laughing. Samina laughed with her, trying to share the fun. 

"I know someone who's a zombie. He really has a problem at night, just like me." Malorie said.