Chapter 4- The First Encounter.

*Embree's POV*

After the LONGEST shopping trip of my life through the numerous floors of IKEA, we made it home in one piece as went right to my room and dropped everything on the floor, except the bed and the dresser and bedside table, her Mini-Cooper couldn't even try to hold the woods for that stuff, so with Nic's weird, "charm" she called me, but I saw her sneakily slide the guy a $30.00, a guy there with a huge red neck truck followed us to the complex, but not to her's, we went a few apt's down, and dropped the stuff there. Now we just had to drag it all back to her actual apartment and up the stairs to our place.

I came out of the apartment with her keys in my hand and took the flight of stairs down to meet her, already ahead of me, wrapping her hair in long pig tails to load up the boards. I caught up with her and we each grabbed an end of the bed woods, and came back up and down the stairs from the apartment numerous times before finally finishing, my shirt doused in sweat, Nic's face just barely at a sweat, what the hell was that?! I plopped on the kitchen's cool tile floor and Nic followed, opening the fridge and taking out two water bottles and threw one down to me. "Thanks." I breathed and she sank to the floor next to me.

"Sure thing, it's the least I could do for my boyfriend." Se smiled jokingly and I rubbed the sweat from my face. God that was weird to hear her say.

"So,about that.. When are we going to start asking each other questions about one another? Shouldn't you know something about me to tell your parents before we go in there blind?" I looked over at her and she was deep in thought.

"I guess you're right, but I already know a little about you, you're Australian, you have no family or friends here, you have no money or house, and you have OCD. Am I right so far?" She looked down at me and I sighed, this was going to take awhile.

"Partially, but I don't think you should tell your parents that I'm free loading, lonely bum. Not something, even if I'm just a fake boyfriend, that you should tell them." I gave her a , 'seriously?' Look and she nodded to herself.

"Makes sense I guess. So then, what do you want me to tell them? I have month to hear all about you." She smiled wide and I gulped down some water.

"I don't know, I'm a musician, I sing and play guitar, my parents are still together and I'm an only child. I HATE birds and I'm allergic to Mayo." Nic sputtered a chuckle and i shot her another glare. "What now?"

"You're allergic to Mayo? Of all things?" I nodded stiffly and she shrugged. "Ok then, continue."

"I love the beach, but I can't surf.." Nic cut me off.

"Wait, your from Australia but you can't surf?"

"No, I can't surf." I remarked coldly and she shut up. "Sorry to burst your little stereotypical Australian bubble there darlin,' but not all of us surf." I smirked and she picked her jaw up off the floor. "But I can draw and make a mean Red Velvet cake." I announced proudly and sat up on the floor. "Now what about you?"

Nic tapped her Indra finger on her dimple and thought for a few minutes. "Wait, why do you need to know anything about me?" I sighed and shook my head at her.

"It'll make our story more convincible."

"Ooh, gotcha." She went back to thinking and then snapped her fingers, finally coming up with something. "I have one sibling, my family's pretty close with each other but I've always kind of been the black sheep. I can't cook everything, but I'm pretty damn good." I cut her off, it was my turn to be a smart ass.