Tomorrow Awaits

Cordelia's POV

I looked out over my Vanaheim and took in the many rays of color the sun set off as it was setting. I could hear the waterfall in the distanced then I realized how much I was going to miss my home.

The people, the children, the bonfires at sundown, and my family. I leave for Asgard tomorrow at the request of Queen Frigga. As I stood there, I thought about me as a queen. It is my duty to my people and I know I have to see it through.

But I constantly keep having second thoughts. How am I fit to run a realm? How will my subjects look at me if I get messed up? What is Odin sees me unfit to be a queen? What it Thor doesn't love me? I can see it in his eyes. He thinks of me as an old friend and nothing more. My mother learned to love my father after several years of marriage but what if that doesn't happen for us. The last time we met he said he had to go to Midgard to check up on some things, I fear it is a woman. The same time I feel bad I do not love him but that doesn't mean I won't ever. But if Thor loves another, I am but just a widowed queen whose husband is not dead.

As I am trapped in my thoughts, my mother Freya walks over to my balcony and grabs my hands softly. I give her a soft smile trying to hid my thoughts as I know my mother knows me too well. "I can see you thinking" she says softly breaking the silence. I stay still for a second but I just can't keep it in.

"what if-"

"what If what... anything you say you know it is just your nerves. My darling Cordelia you are ready to be a queen" she said while placing her hand on my cheek."I have raised you well". 

We share a look then she kissed me on my head and walked out to leave me with my thoughts.

After a while of pondering, i stepped inside to find my sisters standing in my chambers holding flowers.

"We don't want you to leave!" cried Annette.

" He isn't gonna be there anyway so why go? Stay with us". Odette added.

"Oh, I'm gonna miss you too". I hugged them making sure not to crush the flowers. "Soon you shall be queen too and a queen has responsibility to her people". i understand why they don't want me to leave but they will go through this themselves and realize that it has to be done.

Odette gave me the funniest look and started dancing around the room. "Not a chance I am going to live here forever!". By that statement all i can do is laugh.

"We shall see, besides me leaving means you has an excuse to come to Asgard whenever you please". I added.

Annette's face lit up. "And go to the Balls". "And dance with attractive Gods". Odette added. "And come festivals". Seeing this, anyone would laugh as they dance around the room.

"Yes, Yes, any of those will do". Just as soon as I was about to say something the bell for supper rang and the twins ran out of my chambers faster than a horse.

As I was leaving I asked a servant if she could find she water for my flowers, she took them and went off to the kitchen as I strolled down to the supper hall. Unlike Asgards golden realm, Vanaheims villages are mainly built with timber from our forests. Our castle is made of stone. I can't imagine not walking down these halls everyday. Seeing the servants children playing hide and go seek and occasionally playing with them. My heels clap against the marble floor as I enter the royals supper hall. I see my father at one end and my brother at the other end. My mother never liked being that far apart from him during a meal so she always sat in the chair to the right of him. I wonder if it is more of a traditional atmosphere on Asgard. I mean I certainly wouldn't want to sit opposite my husband. Next to my father is his right hand man, Alvis. He was the one who taught me my studies.

"There she is, the Asgard queen to be!" My fathers voice echoed in the great hall. i laughed myself and took my seat across from the twins and next to the warriors. Although we don't have a huge army, we still have great warriors and the best five join us for our meals and live in the castle as a thank you for serving our home.

"Father please, I'm sure everyone is very hungry." i said trying to get off topic. Surprisingly, it worked and we ate our supper in peace.

A/N: wow kinda nervous about this first chapter but i feel good about it too. sorry the ending is abrupt but i felt like i just had to put it out there for y'all too read. i have all the ideas in my head and now i just have to put it on paper.

tell your other Thor/Loki/Avengers fan fiction fans about my story. i will try and update each week and if you have some ideas that could happen that you have been waiting to see in a story message me and ill find a spot for it. :)