Chapter I (Grand Piano)

(Hey guys! You should try and play the music as you read! I think it adds depth to the story! And if you guys could give me feed back or just comment if you like or don't like something that would be great!)

Elira's POV:

I have never felt so broken. I miss my grandparents and the rest of my family, but I can't be with them right now. I don't know how I'm going to make it through next semester.

Right now I'm walking through campus and unfortunately, I have a test in Anthropology. I haven't studied but I'm going to take this test anyway. I've always been good at taking tests without studying. As I'm walking, I can feel my natural, brown, and curly hair blowing in the fierce wind. Seeing as it is the beginning of Fall the wind is blowing pretty hard. I have my headphones in listening to Grand Piano, one of my favorite songs it keeps me calm.

I finally reach Anthro and I take my seat in the academic T and wait for the exam to start. I'm a little early so there aren't too many people here yet. I glance at my watch, 11:05 am, the test starts at 11:20. Most people won't get here until around 11:15.

I'm sitting and waiting for class to start and I notice Kayla walks in. The evil broad should have left town for college like she said she would in high school. Her father was rich and I have no problem with that. My problem is that she bought her way into school to get accepted, and that she feels the need to insult me every time she sees me.

'Move idiot, get the hell away from my seat.' The aggressor herself says to me.
'No, Kayla', I said sneering, 'You can take your wannabe beach blond, narcissistic, fake self somewhere else and sit down because I'm not movie.'
'You can't talk to me like that!', she practically screamed in her high pitched voice. Her voice is the most annoying thing I've ever heard in my life.
'Well seeing as I just did, I'd advise you to get the hell out of my face and go sit somewhere else before you make a bigger problem than there already is.' I said rolling my eyes and refusing to move.
She screams this high pitched sound and I turn my head to see her almost push me over, but she was stopped by a guy with dark hair in a tape. He has the sides cut down and the top of his hair is naturally curly. I can see his muscles through his white v-neck although they aren't that big, they are perfect. He has on jeans, a pair of Jordan 11s, a Nike jacket, and a nice sized diamond earring in his ear. His perfectly caramel colored skin is beautiful and he's a little bit over 6 feet. Overall he was cute! But I've never seen him before.
As I'm looking at him, he starts talking to me and says, 'Are you okay?' I nod my head slightly. He then turns to her and says,'Stay the hell away from over here and stop your screaming it's nerve wrecking.' His voice is a low growl and his face is hard and unreadable but you know he is serious. She looks at him and smiles, 'Why are you defending her? I mean a cutie like you couldn't possibly think that thing is attractive.' I whip my head around to look at her, 'Who the hell are you calling a thing? You rat faced dog!' He laughs but she glares and stomps off finding another seat. The guy sits next to me and yet I still have no clue what his name is.
'Hey, thanks for stopping her from pushing me, I didn't see her coming.' He just smiles and says, 'No problemo, mi nombre es Mario Talino, y tu?' (My name is Mario Talino, and you?) I raise my eyebrows, he thinks I speak Spanish because of my hair and skin color, lucky for me I have taken 6 years of Spanish so I replied, 'Me llamo Elira, Elira Talley.' (My name is Elira Talley)
He grabs my hand, as he bows his head and kisses my hand while looking up through his eyelashes. 'Encantado, Elira Talley'. (Nice to meet you, Elira Talley). This guy is good!
'Everyone be quiet the exam is about to begin' Dr. Charles calls out as he has sent the exam around the room. I turn to my left to see Kayla glaring at me, eh whatever! I turn around just as my exam was placed on my desk. 'Here comes hell', I thought as I began.