Chapter 2: (Even Angels)

(The last chapter was pretty short, but I will try to make this one a little bit longer. Enjoy! And again, I really appreciate feedback.)

I finally got out of that hell hole of a classroom. Considering that was my last final I had to take, I was extremely relieved and ready for a nap. As I began walking to my car from campus, my phon starts ringing. Puddin' ❤️❤️ flashed across my screen, it was my husband.

"What's up puddy pop?" I said answering the phone in a highly chipper voice.
"Are you on your way home, Tyrone, Kailan, and Michael, want to go play basketball and I need you to come and get the babies." He said, not bothering to ask how my test went.

He always wanted to go out with them, they've been his best friends since they were kids. I am not really a fan of his friends, especially not Tyrone. Out of all of his friends, Tyrone was the friend that Riley (my husband) clashes with the most. They've been on such bad terms to the point of fighting and even not telling him when our daughter was born.
Sometimes I really miss hanging out with Riley. We've been together for 4 years and married for two years. I've known him since I was a freshman in high school but we didn't get together until I was 16 and he was 18. We'd dated once before we were truly official the summer before my sophomore year but I broke up with him after only a day of being together. We used to be so close, we used to be best friends, but now we are more like roommates. We don't have nearly the amount of sex we used to and our daily affection included him smacking my butt and sending searing pain through me through the smack, rarely any kisses. I still thoroughly love him tho.

"Yeah, I'm on my way back now. I'm pretty sure that I passed my test but I'm not really one hundred percent sure." I said trying to make some conversation.

"Good job, baby. I'll see you when you get home." With that he hung up the phone.
I sighed and headed home, thinking about the test and the guy that I'd met today.

I love my kids and my husband, but lately he's been dancing around with the idea of a divorce. We are trying to make it work, at least that's what I thought. My husband works a lot, as a trainer and I'm proud of him, but he's always tired and never has anything left for me. The conversation that I'd had with the guy in class had been one of the most interesting conversations I'd ad in a while and I felt pretty guilty about it.

On my way home I stopped at a Starbucks, I decided to go inside and order because there were a bunch of cars in the drive thru. As soon as I walked in, I was Invited by the warm smell of coffee brewing. Mmmmmm.... I absolutely love coffee. I loved coffee just as much as Lorelei and Rory from Gilmore girls. I secretly always felt like I should be the third Gilmore.
As I made my way to the front of the line to order, I dropped my phone, while looking through my purse for my wallet. Before I could pick it up, the guy from class this morning had picked it up, and was holding it out while smirking at me.

"Missed me already, beautiful?" He said lowly.

Wanting to continue our Spanish conversation from this morning I said, " por supuesto que sí, cómo no pondría extrañar a in extraño." (Of course I did, how could I miss a stranger). Sarcasm dripping from my tone as I gave him a knowing look and laughing slightly, as I took my phone.

My words seemed to only fuel him further because his smirk got larger and he said, "Simpre hay una opción para que now convirtamos en buenos amigos." (There's always an option for us to become good friends)

Clearly this guy was flirting, but I could tell that he was hiding something and it thoroughly intrigued me. I kind of felt bad about talking to this guy, and having so many conversations with him. After all I am married. Although lately I've been wondering what it would be like to be back in the dating world. How would that go over tho? Like, hey I'm 20 with two kids oh and I'm divorced. Sounds pretty weird and I don't think guys these days really want someone so young that carries all the baggage I would come with. I figured that maybe It was time for me to be completely upfront and honest with him, so the words, 'I'm married with two kids", came flying out of my mouth like word vomit.
He looked confused for a moment, and then another emotion flashed in his beautiful brown eyes, but it was gone as fast as it was there, and his face relaxed into a lazy close lipped smile.

"Relax, Mamí, I can respect boundaries, but I still would like to be friends, and maybe you should go ahead and order your coffee." Mario said looking straight ahead.
I gasped and turned around looking at the seemingly irritated barista and told her my order, "grande peppermint mocha", I said immediately.
Everything seemed to be awkward after that. I waited for my coffee and when I got it I ran out of the Starbucks as quickly as humanly possible. If I felt bad before for talking to him, I felt completely embarrassed now by the scene that ha just happened. I got in my car, face palmed, and sighed heavily before driving home sadly.