Chapter 4

I woke up to a loud cry from a baby nearby. I check my phone to see we were halfway through the flight. I was about to drift back to sleep when I feel an arm pressed to mine.  I look to see a boy about my age sitting next to me. He had brown hair that was slicked up into a fo-hawk. He had deep brown eyes and a really cute smile.

                “Sorry they messed my seats up so I sat here. I hope that’s okay?” I could just feel his eyes manipulating me.

                “Oh it’s fine.” I daze. I felt myself getting lost when he decided to keep the conversation going.

                “My name’s Nick. Yours?”

“Crystal.”  I smiled.

“Pretty,” he said. I could feel my cheeks starting to get hot as my smile got bigger. “What are you going to Ireland for?”

“How did you know I’m going to Ireland?” I sat up in my seat.

“Uh-well- this plane is going to Ireland…and you’re on it.” He said confused scratching his neck. Wow I’m stupid.

“Right. Guess I’m more tired than I thought,” I say blinking a couple of times. He chuckled a bit to himself. “I’m going to be staying for the summer. What about you?”

“Moving here.  I just turned 18 and I’ve wanted to live here ever since I can remember.”

“That’s so cool! I’ve always wanted to move to a foreign place but the closer I get to 18, the more I begin to back out.”

“That’s why I’m going immediately. I don’t want to back out of this. I’m going to be going to college here to get my degree in physics.” He said proudly.

“Wow, you really have everything planned out. It’s so cool you’re chasing your dream like this.” I smile. He looks down at his fiddling hands.

“Thanks.” His cheeks turn a light pink. “I’ll let you get back to your sleep then. But first,” He trails on grabbing my phone. “I’ll be sure to let you know how my plan works out.” He smiled pressing his number into my phone. I take his phone and do the same. We exchange our phones again as I plug my earphones in and drift to sleep.  

I wake up to the light shake of my shoulder. “Plane’s landing.” Nick said calmly.

“Oh thanks.” I say rubbing my eye. The plane lands and everyone starts to get off the plane. “I guess I’ll see you around.” I say awkwardly grabbing my carry-on.

“Yeah,” He laughs weakly.  “Don’t forget you have my number. Use it.” He smiles and walks off the plane. I walk into the airport and walk up to luggage belt to get my suitcases. The airport was packed with people and it was hard to make my way around them. I started to get nervous. I didn’t know what Maura looked like and I had no way of contacting her to find her.  I start to walk around more as I get a headache. Crowds make me so much more nervous and it doesn’t help with the situation I’m in.

All of a sudden I see a small lady holding a paper that had my name on it. I walk up to her hesitantly. “Maura?” I questioned slowly walking closer.  As soon as I said her name her whole face lit up.

“Crystal! Sweetie hi!” She said cheerfully grabbing me into a hug. I uncomfortably hugged her back as I tried to pull away soon after. “Niall, don’t be lazy, help her with her bags!” He hesitantly took my suitcases before giving a slight smile.  “How was your flight?” She asked taking my carry-on.

“It was okay. My back sort of hurts.”

“I’m sorry about that,” She chuckled a bit to herself. “I’m going to have to get used to that American accent of yours.”