Shopping Time

"Come on Hagrid, I can't wait to get everything I need for school."

"'kay, Luke 'irst  we go ter the Leaky Cauldron."

Hagrid takes out his pink umbrella and taps the stone wall.

"Hey Hagrid, why are you tapping the wall with an umbrella?"

"Oh.....when I was in me third year I was banded from using magic".

"But why?",said Luke.

"Uhh, that's kind er personal".

"Fine, let's just go, said Luke".

They walk in and go to the back of the store where there is a door to Diagon Alley.

"Woah, I've had dreams about this place, it looks the exact same".

"C'mon Luke, let's go to Ollivander's to get your wand".

Luke and Hagrid walk to Ollivander's. They see no one in there. All of a sudden someone pops up from behind the counter.

"Hi, I'm Mr. Ollivander here to get your very first wand".

"Hello Mr. Ollivander sir, yeah I'm getting my first wand, so do I just choose whichever wand I like?"

"No no no, the wand chooses the wizard".

First he tried a dragon heartstring core with blackthorn wood wand, but just ended up shattering the glass window. Next, he tried a wand with a phoenix feather core with yew wood, then ended up breaking the lamp at the back of the store. Luke tried many wands and finally Ollivander had an idea.

I have a special wand that I have been working on and I just finished the finishing touches. "Here, try this one, Ollivander",said.

Ollivander gave Luke the brand new wand with a unicorn hair core and hazel wood.

The second Luke touched the wand he new it was the one, he could feel it in his blood.

When Luke cast a random spell a cake appeared on the the counter.

Hagrid immediately took the cake and was satisfied after waiting so long.

"Finally",Hagrid said and sighed relieved.

They later went to Flourish and Botts. Luke looked down at his list, an employee walked up to him and asked if he needed any help. Luke then handed her his list and the employee led him to the 2nd aisle. The employee lead him to the place where his first book on the list would be.

While he was looking for the book a boy with combed back blonde hair walked up to him, he looked like he was around his age.

The boy then said " Hey my name's Draco, Draco Malfoy and you are?".

Luke then introduced himself and Draco said "What house do you want to be in? I want to be in Slytherin 'cause my whole family was sorted into Slytherin".

"Um... what do you mean by house?"

"Oh in Hogwarts there are 4 schools, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff. Wait how don't you know about this, are you a muggle?"

"I dont think so, my mum is a witch and my dad...... I don't know about my dad".

"Okay, so I guess you're a half-blood".

"Well how are you sorted into a house?".

"There's a Sorting Hat that reads your mind and your personality to sort you into a house".

"Why does it read your personality?".

" It reads your personality because when you are sorted into a house you are basically categorized based on your personality".

"Well it was nice talking to you, see you at Hogwarts", Luke said.

With that Draco Malfoy walked away to a woman who I'm guessing is his mother , she had the same blonde hair and had the same skin tone.

I picked up all of the other books on my list and left to go to Madam Malkin's.

I did all the other shopping around Hogsmeade, and finally made my way back home with Hagrid. On my way home Hagrid gave me a ticket, I think it was for a train. Hagrid then said that yes indeed it was for a train, and the the platform number was 9 3/4. I thought he was playing a joke on me with the 3/4, but then dropped the subject.

I then said goodbye to Hagrid and put on a brave face for the troubles of facing my mother again.