The Only Exception

"Easy, easy," Bumblebee said as he helped me out of, well, him. "Remember what the doctor said. You need to take it easy for the next six weeks."

"I know, 'Bee," I sighed as I draped my arm over his neck for support. "You don't have to act like I'm going to break."

"I don't have to," he said dryly as he led me towards the house. "You already did."

I stopped him so that he could look at me.

"I'm. Fine," I said, stressing the words. "Okay?"

Bumblebee blinked before grinning. "Hey, I'm suppose to say that!"

I smirked. "Okay?"

Bumblebee rolled his eyes before kissing my forehead. "Okay."

I smiled as he led me into the house. Wait, why was it dark...?

"SURPRISE!!"

"Oh, c'mon!" I shouted in shock as I grabbed onto Bumblebee's arm. I glared at the Autobots as they laughed at my reaction. "What is it with you guys and the surprise parties?!"

The next thing I knew, I was tackled into a group hug.

"Ow, ow, ribs!"

A heard mumbled "sorry"s as everyone loosened their holds.

"We're glad you're alright," Dino told me.

"And congrats on scrapping Frenzy," Jazz added. "You have no idea how big of a pain he was in our afts."

I chuckled at his statement. "My pleasure."

"Come on!" Arcee giggled as she, Elita, and Chromia led me away from everyone. "Let's get you ready for the party!"

"Oh, joy."

**

"May I have everyone's attention, please?" Optimus said as he stood up. We all turned our attention to him. "For starters, I know we are all very happy that Alyssa Parker is now safe from harm." I blushed as everyone clapped for me. Optimus smiled before continuing. "Also, Barricade is no longer a threat to us, her, or any other human. And while there is no apparent threat at the moment, we must be on our feet. Word of Barricade's death with reach Megatron sooner or later. But for now, let's enjoy the peace, and the fact that our friend is alright."

Everyone cheered in agreement as the music started up again. I was watching both sets of twins have a little 'dance off' when I noticed Ironhide standing alone, his head hanging down in a sad manner.

"Um, I'll be right back," I told them before making my way over to him. Ironhide lifted his head as I approached him.

"Hey-"

"I'm sorry," he whispered softly. His voice was cracking. "I was suppose to keep you safe, and I failed."

I gave him a soft smile before hugging him. I felt him tense.

"If it wasn't for you, I'd be dead a long time ago," I told him. "Thank you, for all you've done for me."

To my surprise, Ironhide hugged me back. He was, shockingly, very gentle for a brutish giant.