Family

Kakashi's P.O.V

"Kakashi Sensei? Will she ever wake up?" Hana asked me. Emiko's team, Yamato, and I were visiting her... Well, most of her team.

"I don't know, kiddo." I said, sighing. Hana frown, then hugged me. I was supriesed, but I hugged her back.

"She's gonna die, and it's all our fault." Moriko mumbled.

"She's not going to die!" I snapped. Moriko and Hana looked at me, supriesed.

"Uh, I mean, she's gonna live. She's very tough. And it's not you guy's fault. You couldn't do anything. Atami's too strong." I said. Hana nodded, but I could tell she didn't believe me.

"I bet you miss her." Morioko said after a while. I sighed.

"More than you know." I replied, sitting on the chair.

"I miss her too. I wish she'd wake up soon." She said. I slowly nodded.

"I'm hungry! Can we go get some ramen or something?" I looked down to see a cute little brown dog who had a white spot on his back, white ears, paws, and the tip of his tail.

"Junichi! Don't be rude!" Hana scolded. Junichi rolled his eyes.

"Look, I miss Emiko just as much as you do. Shes a great girl! But right now, I'm hungry. And I want ramen." He said. I chuckled a bit.

"It's alright, Hana. You should probably get going anyways." I said. Hana sighed, but she left. They said goodbye to both of us and headed out to find some ramen.

"Hang in there." I whispered to Emiko. Then I headed home.

Emiko's P.O.V

"Oh my god. I can't believe it's you!" I exclaimed, hugging my little sister, Ishiko. I buried my face in her dirty blonde hair. She got it from our mother. She had our dad's big brown eyes, though.

"Yes, it is." She said, releasing the hug.

"A-Are you alive?" I asked. I already knew the answer, but I wanted to be sure. Ishiko's face fell.

"No. As you know, I died." She said. I frowned, the memory still fresh from the mirror.

"After I died, I was chosen to stay here to guide you if you ever died as well." She continued.

"Wait, so I'm dead now?" I asked, a bit confused.

"Only you can decide that." Ishiko said. I sighed.

"I don't know... I know I can't leave everyone and just die... But life is getting pretty rough. It'd be nice to be done." I said, troubled by the choice.

"I think I have something that'll help you decide." Ishiko said. She put her hands out to the side, and on both sides of her, people began to form. It didn't take me long to recognize them.

"Mom! Dad!" I yelled. My dad chuckled, and my mom stepped forward, her arms open, waiting for a hug. I ran into her arms, hugging her. Her body was solid and warm. As if she was still alive.

My dad hugged us from behind, lifting my mom and I off the ground, then putting us back down.

"I can't believe you're here!" I exclaimed. My mother gave me a warm smile.

"We're only here for a short amount of time, so let's get straight to business. Time is running out, Emiko." Mom said. I nodded and my dad came to stand beside my mom.

"Do you know how you died?" My father asked, his greeting brown hair falling into his eyes. I stood there for a second, thinking.

"Um... I think- I think I was attacked by a man. A... Atami was his name." I said, the memory coming back. I could feel the anger boiling inside of me.

"Yes. And you are currently in a hospital." Mom said. I imagined my limp body lying on the bed, Kakashi by my side the whole time. Then I though of all the trouble I've caused. All the pain. All the suffering. I though of how I let down my team, and Kakashi. I let down my parents and Ishiko. I couldn't help them. I couldn't save them.

"I want to die." I said, boldly.

"Oh, honey no." Mom said, hugging me.

"I've let everyone down. I can't help them. I can't save them. Many people have died because I'm not strong enough." I said, pushing her away.

"That's not true." Dad said. I frowned, getting angrier.

"It is!" I snapped. "Look! You, mom, Ishiko! All dead, because I couldn't help! Because of me!" Suddenly I felt a stinging pain on my cheek. My mom had slapped me.

"Don't talk like that. Many more people would be dead if it weren't for you! Kakashi and his team. Your team. Ishiko would have died right along with us!" She said. She was right, but I still wanted to choose the black door.

"Atami's on the loose, and only you can stop him." Dad said.

"I can't do that! He killed me! That's why I'm here!" I exclaimed. They both shook their head.

"You may not die, if you choose the other door. See, if you live, that'd mean you survived Atami's special jutsu. You could grow stronger. Stronger than him, then kill him. Avenge us, Emiko. Then we can finally be put to rest." Mom said.

"But I could be with you forever if I die now. I won't have to suffer and greive." I said.

"No. Your time will come, but now is not it. You must go through the white door. Live. Make me proud." My dad said, putting his strong hand on my shoulder.

"Make us both proud. Even if you don't succeed, we will still be proud about how hard you tried." Mom said, putting her genealogy hand on my other shoulder.

"We're already very proud about how far you've come." Ishiko said, appearing in between my mom and dad.

"I'll miss you. All of you." I said, hugging them.

"It's time for us to leave." My dad said.

"I know you'll make the right choice. And we will love you no matter what." My mom said. They started to dissaperedissapering and j was sad to see them go. I felt hot tears stream down my cheeks.

"Now, you much choose." Ishiko said. I looked at both of the doors. The dark black one, leading to death and beyond. And the bright white one, leading back to life. I had made a decision.

"I'm not supposed to say anything, but I'm glad you chose that one." Ishiko said, as I walked to my chosen door.

"Oh, and tell Junichi I say hi! I've been watching you guys for a while and he seems cool." She said, as I walked ipthrough the doorway. I was immediately engulfed in a blinding white light. I was filled with warmth, then everything went black.