Closure

Hey y’all, sorry it has taken so long for me to update but I’ve had no time between my homework, life, and my AP teacher that refuses to give me a grade higher than a C on a test.  But anyways, I won’t stall any longer.  Here’s the next chapter!

Quote of the Chapter:

“Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies.”

~W.L. George

_________________________________

Closure

Snow 

December 12, 2010…

I woke up rather early.  It was five in the morning.  Of course, I can go to bed at twelve and wake up at five no problem and be full of energy all day.  My friends call me weird… and I agree with them.

Sitting up, I stared out my window.  It was still pitch black.  We would only have sun for a few hours before it went to being black again.  It wasn’t fun living on an aircraft carrier that only witnessed a few hours of sunlight a day.  I couldn’t wait to be back home although it would probably be a while.  Even after this war is over (and assuming I’m alive), I bet I will still be caught up in the aftermath of it, particularly the politics.

Unable to fall back asleep, I got up and headed to the crew room to brew myself a nice, steaming, warm cup of coffee.  One cup and I was alert the rest of the day.

I flipped on the TV, wondering if we had any reception out here; thankfully, we did.  Of course, we got two channels and two channels only, the history channel (which isn’t too bad usually) and the news.  Deciding neither channel sounded even remotely interesting, I shut the TV off and headed up to the bridge.  I could see everything from up here.

“Captain Snow?  What are you doing up here?” Captain Andersen asked.  I turned around to face my superior.

“I couldn’t sleep, sir.  I decided to roam around a bit.” Andersen nodded and came to stand next to me.

“We have a mission for the squadron.  Thanks to Blaze’s reconnaissance, we were able to determine that there were most definitely nukes hidden under that rock bed.  The briefing isn’t for another hour because Pops is still getting some final details ready.”

“Sir, since there are nukes there, what if the enemy is planning or already transporting them?” I inquired, sipping some coffee.

“If the first case, let us hope we can get there before it begins.  If the second, let us hope they back out of using them and/or are not able to transport all of them.”

We stood in silence until a crew member, his name was Josh I think, came and told Andersen that Pops needed him in the briefing room.

“The captain needs a word with you and Pops,” Josh said.

“Captain?” Andersen questioned.

“The captain of the Razgriz, sir.  She wouldn’t say anything until you were there but she says it’s important.”

“I’m on my way,” Andersen said. “Captain Snow.”

“Sir,” I said, saluting him.

_________________________________

Blaze 

I waited impatiently for Andersen to come down to the briefing room.  Pops was watching me pace back and forth.  I wasn’t sure if I should be creeped out by it or not.  He was probably trying to figure out what I was going to say.