Ten Years Later

Mitch smiled as went into his home, hearing the footsteps of child come downstairs. The thirty three year old smiled when his eight year old daughter named McKenna went into his arms, feeling loved.

"Hi, Daddy," McKenna exclaimed, hugging Mitch. Mitch smiled as he rubbed his hand down his daughter's back. "I missed you!"

"I m-mi-is-se-ed-d you too, ," Mitch replied as his daughter let go of him. He set down his stuff on a small table while looking around for Travis. "W-wh-he-er-e's Papa?"

"He's taking pictures," McKenna told him excitedly. She then ran back upstairs, being excited for some reason. "Daddy, Scott's here!"

"H-he-e is?" Mitch thought out loud, going into the living room. Sure enough, his older brother was sitting on one of the couches. "Scott!"

"Mitch," the thirty seven year old yelled out excitedly, getting up and hugging his brother close to him. It felt like it was forever since they last saw each other, when in reality the last time they saw each other was a few days ago. "How are you?"

"G-go-oo-od," Mitch answered, smiling up at his brother. It was good to see him considering that...never mind. He didn't want to think about it. "H-how a-bo-ou-ut-t you, Alex, and the k-ki-id-ds?"

"Good," Scott replied, hugging his brother once more. The both of them felt so safe in each other's arms. "Have you talked to Kirstin recently?"

"Yep," Mitch responded, his mind going towards his older sister. Kirstin and Ariana have their own dance studio and are very successful at it. "Ari and her a-ar-re-e c-co-om-mi-ing-g down."

Scott nodded his head, feeling his heart break. He knew why they are all here. He decided to stay down in L.A so that he will be closer to his dads so if anything happened, he will be right there. Mitch decided to do the same thing and Kirstin moved a couple hours away. She wanted to stay, but her career urged her to move. Scott then sighed, his brain going haywire.  He then remembered about the surgery Mitch has been talking about for a while so he started a conversation about that.

"Are you still going to have the surgery?" Scott asked, catching Mitch's attention. The younger sibling shrugged, not knowing the real answer. "You know that Kirst and I will help pay for it, right? Don't be hesitant to ask for money."

"I k-kn-no-ow-w," Mitch responded, looking down a bit. He then looked back into the blue eyes Scott has, which held every ounce of love and protection for him. "I-it-t's-s j-ju-ust-t a lot."

Scott sighed back, wanting to do something, anything, for Mitch to get the surgery. Mitch found out by his doctor that he will get a surgery on his brain that will lessen his stutter. It won't go away entirely, but he will be able to say long words easier and not stutter on small words. The surgery is 95% safe, making Mitch feel safe. The only problem? Insurance won't pay for it.

Scott, who is a famous writer for the Young Adult community, made a lot of money from his book series. It turned out more successful than he thought and he is actually directing the movie. He earns a lot of money and could send his kids off to college with no problem. He wants to help pay for the surgery, but Mitch refused.

He was about to offer the money once again when the doorbell rang. McKenna ran down the stairs, opening the door once she got to it. On the other side was Kirstin, smiling. She walked into the the living room and let her brothers hug her. They stayed like that for a while and then let go, not speaking for the longest time. Kirstin then cleared her throat, catching her brothers' attention.

"Is he okay?" Kirstin asked, locking her eyes with theirs. Scott and Mitch shared a sad look, wanting everything to be okay. Scott shook his head as a solitary tear ran down his cheek. "Why did this have to happen?"

"It's just his time," Scott replied sadly, wiping his eyes. Mitch finally released some tears and Scott hugged him from the side. "He looks so sick, Kirst. I'm so happy that you came down."

"I'm happy too," Kirstin responded, biting her lip to prevent it from trembling. She then sighed, looking at Mitch. "Have they called?"

"No," Mitch answered as more tears ran down his face. He then looked at the house phone, praying for the best. "I j-ju-us-st-t w-wa-an-nt ev-ery-th-hi-ing-g to be o-ok-ka-ay."

"Don't we all?" Scott asked, looking at his younger siblings. They never looked this sad before. "Alex is waiting for me. I need to go. I'll see you guys later."

Scott hugged his siblings, not wanting to let them go. When he did, he did slowly as if he did not want to lose them. He then left, closing the door behind him quietly. Kirstin and Mitch then looked at each other, their teary eyes similar. Kirstin blinked to release some tears and she went to hug Mitch.

"How are you and Trav doing?" She asked, hugging him tighter. Mitch smiled as he closed his eyes, thinking lovingly of his husband.

"A-ma-az-zing," Mitch answered, smiling even more when Travis came into the room. Travis noticed his husband and waved to him. "Hey, b-ba-ab-be!"

"Hey, love," Travis replied, smiling when Kirstin waved at him. She waved back, happy to see her brother-in-law. "How are you and Ariana?"

Kirstin was about to answer when the house phone interrupted her. Mitch then walked up to it, seeing what the number was.

It's Dad.

He then picked up the phone, nervous of what he was going to hear. Kevin is crying on the other, causing Mitch to tear up himself. He then took a shuddery breath and began to talk.

"I-it-t's-s t-ti-im-me?" Mitch asked tearfully, trying to ignore Kirstin's loud sobs. The loud sob on the other side answered his question. "W-we-e'll-l be r-ri-igh-ht t-th-er-re-e."

"Hurry up. He wants to see you guys before he goes."

"O-ok-ka-ay."

"Please hurry."

Mitch then hung up, crying heavily. Travis hugged him and Kirstin tightly, the tears making his shirt wet. He then grabbed their hands, leading them to the door.

"McKenna," Travis called out, getting her attention. She ran down the stairs, smiling. "We're going to the hospital."

She frowned but didn't question it. They went to the car and Travis began to drive. Mitch looked at the window, praying the entire time.

Please watch over Papa. Please make him better. Take him peacefully so that he will not suffer anymore. Amen.

A/N: The first chapter is done! Yes, this book is most definitely dramatic and has moments were you want to rip out your hair and even mine. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and remember that I love all of you.:)

-Maddie🐧🐧🐧