Saved...Once Again

(WARNING: death, mentions of rape)

Mitch closed his eyes, expecting to feel pain. He opened them slowly to find out that Mark and Nash were no longer hold in onto him. Matthew looked at him wide eyed, gun still his hand. Charlotte was in front of him, blood flowing out of her chest slowly. Mitch gasped as he went down to hold Charlotte's hand, shaking slightly.

"Char-char-lotte," Mitch whispered, tearing up a bit. Charlotte smiled up at him, putting her hand on his face. "Why di-di-id you do th-th-at?"

"I wanted you to survive," the older woman admitted, coughing a bit. "I out you so much. Consider this as my way of saying I'm sorry."

"But you're dyi-dyi-ing," Mitch told her, shaking his head. Charlotte nodded as she closed her eyes one last time. "Th-th-ank you for saving my fam-fam-ily."

Charlotte stopped breathing.

~~~

The police came quickly, arresting Mitch's high school bullies. It turns out they also sexually abused Lilliana for 'breaking their trust' and will be in jail for some time. The policeman nodded at the family and looked back at his car.

"An ambulance will be here in a few. I understand that someone passed away and the other one passed out?"

"Yes. The one who passed away is a...old friend and the passed out one is my brother's husband,"Scott answered, brushing Sara's hair back carefully. She held onto him like he was the last person on Earth. "Thank you for coming."

"Of course," the police officer replied, nodding at Scott. He then looked at the Grandes and frowned. "She will have to have a rape test. We have to see if the results come back as positive so that we can have proof when we bring them into court."

"Okay," Ariana responded, holding onto Lilliana tightly. The twelve year old never was this traumatized before. "Thank you so much."

"Of course," the officer confirmed, nodding his head. He looked at Alex and Matt, who refused to separate from each other. "He's a strong one."

"Of course, but he doesn't want the credit. He said that his sister made him stronger," Alex confirmed, smiling at his son. Matt blushed as he looked at his feet. "He's a good kid."

"That he is," the officer agreed, nodding his head. Scott walked to his siblings, not wanting to leave them. "You three are okay now. Nothing bad is going to happen. They're gone."

"I know. Thank you for coming," Kirstin told the officer quietly, her blond hair falling past her cheeks. McKenna stood behind her, tired and wanting to go home. "We really are thankful for you."

The officer nodded happily while Mitch looked at him carefully, feeling like he saw him before. He gasped happily and hugged him tightly, smiling hugely.

"Hi, Tyler."

The officer laughed as he hugged Mitch back, happy to see his old friend again. Scott smiled to himself, not even realizing that this was his friend from junior high.

"That's Officer Oakley to you," Tyler replied, laughing as he let go of the hug. The ambulance then came and a couple of E.M.Ts hopped out. "Well, I better get going. See you all later."

Mitch nodded as he watched the police car drive off. An E.M.T came back out with Travis on a gurney and Mitch ran to it quickly, hoping that Travis is okay. Another one came out with a body bag in hand, making Mitch focus on Travis. He can't believe Charlotte did that for him. The E.M.T was about to close the back doors when Mitch stopped in front of them.

"He's my hus-hus-band," Mitch confirmed, hoping to get on the ambulance. The E.M.T nodded as she allowed him to get on. "Tha-tha-ank you."

Mitch took Travis' hand right away, kissing it gently. He smiled to himself, finally happy. He has everything he wanted. His family is okay and everybody is back together.