Chapter Four: American Idiot

"Sara, did you take your insulin?" Jules asked once the food had arrived.

"Yes, mother." Sara replied, annoyed while everyone began digging into their food.

While Ashton timidly poked at his salad Jules was giggling about something that Calum said, Sara stuffed her face with the chicken she ordered, Luke and Michael were having an argument about which band was better, Bring Me the Horizon or Panic! at the Disco, and Annie ate her food as fast as possible. She didn't know why she always ate so fast, but she did and she couldn't help it. She wasn't rude about it, it was just the way she was. No one was drunk anymore and they were all sober. They weren't really all that drunk to begin with, just a little tipsy.

"Are you five seconds of summers?" A tall and muscular man came up to the table which they were all sitting at.

"Yeah, that's us!" Calum grinned excitedly.

"Alright, you go on in about five minutes. Come with me to get ready." The man, who's name has not been announced, said. Luke, Michael, Calum, and Ashton all got up and followed him to the little wooden stage set up by the pool. They had a drum kit, a bass, a guitar, and a few microphone's already set up. It was available for everyone who performed there because most of the time the bands that played were booked last minute with no time to bring their own instruments (a/n if you've ever been to sneaky petes this is actually how it is. ik it might should far fetched but it's actually likes this haha okay bye).

Jules, Sara, and Annie got up from the table and moved by the front of the stage where twelve other people were standing. It was like a little mini concert, it was five seconds of summers first gig.

"Hi everybody!" Luke said, after he reached the front of the stage where a microphone was, "I'm Luke!"

"I'm Michael!"

"My name is Calum!"

"I'm Ashton..." the short boy behind the drum kit said shyly.

"And we're Five Seconds of Summer!" They all said in unison.

"I sincerely apologize for the terrible purple shirt that our drummer, Ashton, is wearing," Michael chuckled, jokingly which received a laugh from the small group crowed around the stage. Ashton laughed sadly, glancing at the bright purple shirt he was wearing.

"Anyways," Luke continued, "We're going to be playing a cover of American Idiot by Green Day and we hope you like it!"

With the strum of Michael's guitar and the beat of Ashton's drums they, Luke began singing, and Calum played his bass. The few people around the stage were jumping up and down, singing along to the well know song. Soon more people came up to the small stage that the four tall boys were jamming out on and enjoyed the three minute song.

As the song ended, Annie excused herself to the bathroom where it was quieter. Her head was pounding and she felt like the was going to throw up. Annie was a concert junkie, she went to concerts all the time and would probably loose her hearing by the time she was thirty so the roar of the instruments couldn't have been what was causing her head to feel like it was throbbing. Annie ignored her head and went back outside where she saw that everyone was seated back at the table.

"Annie, where'd you go?" Michael asked once Annie sat back down at the table.

"Oh, I had to go to the restroom." Annie lied, "You guys did great, though!"

"Thanks!" They all said in unison.

"Did you tell Annie about the offer?" Jules nudged Calum's shoulder, obviously head over heels for the tall, raven haired boy.