Chapter 34 part 1

Kate sat in the corner of a large extravagant room, terrified of what was going to happen. It had been little over a week since she had been taken from the dark, disgusting dungeons and placed inside this big bedroom. She had no idea how she got in this place or if she was even in the same building as those evil dungeons, everything was just one big blur. After being locked away for such a long period of time, she struggled to believe that she might finally be safe and that there may be some kind people left in this world. The last person she could remember being kind to her was Josh, the bright spot in her time of trouble. She dearly wished she could see him again, maybe then she wouldn't jump at every noise or back away whenever someone approached her. More often than not, she would curl up in a corner of the room and drift off into her mind, barely noticing the women or men that entered the room bringing her food or attempting to talk to her.

If she had listened to what they were saying, she would have heard them talking about Josh and what he was doing the day she was saved. Her adoptive family was spoken of and Peter even visited her before becoming too upset at her condition and leaving the room. They didn't give up, Kate wasn't even sure who 'they' were but they must be pretty important to have put her in a room like this.

Peter paused outside Kate's room and glanced over his shoulder to where his mother stood.

"Are you sure you want to do this Mama?" He asked her, knowing just how difficult it was to see Kate in her current state.

"Yes Peter," Hannah replied. "Our girl needs us. She is so lost right now, we need to help guide her home."

"Which home mother? Ours or her rightful home as Katrina, Princess of Eardheorte and heir to the throne?" Peter snapped, a hint of anger tainting his voice as he turned to face Hannah properly.

"Both." Peter scoffed at that.

"Really Mama? You honestly believe we will be able to keep our relationship with her when it is revealed that she is the long lost princess, the girl the entire kingdom has been searching for?"

"Peter, my dear son." Hannah reached out and gently grasped his hand. "If I wasn't sure that we would still have our Kate, the lost, lonely child your father and I took in and raised as one of our own children, after you helped to bring her home to us, then I would not be willing to risk everything. Now, open that door and let me go to my child."

Heaving a great sigh, Peter gently opened the door and followed Hannah into the room. At first she could not spot Kate, but after a careful look around the room, she spotted Kate curled up in one corner of the room, right between the oversized bed and the wall. Hannah had to bite her lip to stop herself from crying at the vacant look on the poor girl's face and remind herself that they needed to be gentle and most of all give Kate time to realise she is right where she needs to be - with her family.

--------A/N--------

So close to the end but really struggling... I am determined to get this finished my my birthday so that gives me just over a month to regain focus, write part 2 of this chapter and then maybe a small chapter before the epilogue. Quite disappointed that somehow my blurb and tags for this story got deleted :( now need to re-write that and add in my tags alllllll over again!