Chapter 1

**Katoya**

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock I tapped the button to make it stop,I rose up out of my bed and got up I walked to the small bed to check on my son Kenny I shook him slowly he opened his big ole light brown eyes he yawned and frowned so I knew he was about to start having a fit , he hates getting up in the morning. I rubbed his back fir a little bit, I walked to the bathroom cutting the shower on and letting the water get warm for Kenny I didn't let the water get too hot I helped him take his night clothes off. I'm so rude hi my name is Katoya Simmons I'm twenty three  years old 5"5 I have brown eyes that change to different shades of brown depending on my mood I have long hair past my shoulders and yes I'm big girl but dress really well, I have double D breast thunder thighs chubby cheeks and I have rolls and a big booty I attend NYU college of arts I'm about to graduate in two weeks with masters degree in fashion and cosmetology. I'm trying to be a fashion designer and a hair/Makeup stylists also. I'm very insecure about myself but I don't let it show because I have things to live for especially my son Kenny I have to stay strong for him well I bet your wondering if I'm so insecure then why I have a child well when I was fifteen I met this guy in my high school name Lorenzo he was the most popular guy in school he was tall handsome he had waves deeper than the ocean,he had light green eyes very,very tall mixed with Ethiopian and black he played basketball for our school but one day he seen some guys bullying me and he stopped it then we started hanging out until one day we started dating for almost a year and 9 months and he was the best guy I ever met. I took him to meet my mom and everything and I decided to lose my virginity to him, I was sixteen by that time and he promised he wouldn't take it and leave so we had sex and a the next day he vanished I'm not saying like you didn't see him he just stopped calling and texting he seen me places he ignored me even at school I tried confronting him but called me names which hurt my feelings so I cried and cried for months and months until I started gaining weight and started having morning and night sickness. I missed my time of the month so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive I was scared also shocked I didn't know how to tell my mom because I know how she is but the main thing I was scared of was to tell Lorenzo about it. So one day at school he had basketball practice and I waited outside until his practice was over he was coming out I walked up him "what you want toya" "L I need to talk to you about something" "what is it damn I don't have time" his friends came up"Damn L you talking to her fat ass" "Man no she trying to talk to me you need to leave toya" "well here you go you stupid bastard" I took the test out my pocket and threw it at him he laughed "That's not my baby" I cried and slapped him and ran off.

**flashback over**I let Kenny finish washing up I dried him off with his towel I let him put his underwear on and I help him get dress I put on his Jordan outfit with a matching shoes

**flashback over**
I let Kenny finish washing up I dried him off with his towel I let him put his underwear on and I help him get dress I put on his Jordan outfit with a matching shoes. But here we are eight years later I have a seven year old son

Kenny-"I look fresh today"

He smiled looking at himself in the mirror, I got Up and started fixing him something to eat. After 10 minutes of him eating he sat on the couch and turned the TV on and turned to cartoons his eyes got stuck to the TV I laughed and went to take a shower.
**30 mins later**
I got out of shower and dried off I lotioned my body down with coca butter I went in bedroom I looked in my dresser and fount my bra and panties I put them on and I went to my closet to find something to put on and I fount my high waisted bleached skinny jeans with my peach color chiffon shirt and a blue jeans jacket now I had to find what kind of shoes I was gone ware I fount my peach color thong sandals. I made sure my feet wasn't ashy and they we're painted I put them on I checked the time it was 7:30 and class doesn't start to 8 I put my hair in a high ponytail and my bang on the side my flat irons was plugged up so I flat ironed my bang it was cute I looked cute well I thought it was I still get bullied till this day yea I know right you would think people will be mature and not childish well nope they still call me names and try to fight me but I'm a grown as women and have things to live for no time for any bullshit. I put on some clear lip gloss and peach color eye shadow I needed some jewelry on I put on my peach color hoop earrings and a gold little necklace. I packed my backpack and Kenny's  bag and made sure I had my keys and everything I walked in living room Kenny seen me he was Turing the TV.

Katoya-"Come on Baby we gotta go"

I cut the TV off he sighed , I gave him his book bag and gave him something to drink and walked out my apartment I made sure my door was locked and got to the elevator and got down to the main floor and walked to parking lot I pushed the button on my keys to make my doors unlocked I drive a BMW I bet y'all saying if you struggle so much how come you have a BMW well my father bought me this car for my eighteenth birthday he has money but I don't ask for anything he just gave me this car as a payment for me to get out of my parents lives which is crazy cause he isn't with my mother anymore he is married to a young ugly white women but anyways my father used to send me a thousands dollar a month even two if I'm lucky but that moneys goes on bills rent Kenny school fees and my school fees so yeah I still kind of struggle but hell that stopped when Kenny was in daycare Kenny got in the backseat getting in his booster seat and I made sure he was buckled in tight I got in the car and drove off to his school.
**15 mins**
We got to Kenny's school I got out and opened the back door Kenny got out

Kenny-"Mama why do I have to go school it's so boring here"

Katoya-"So you can get a good education and be smart"

I grabbed his book bag putting it on his back.

Mrs. Rentals-"hey Mrs. Simmons and hey handsome young man"

Katoya-"hey Mrs. Rentals I will be picking Kenny up the usual time at 4:30"

Mrs. Rentals-"okay that will do see this afternoon"

She grabbed Kenny hand I kissed my son on his cheeks and forehead and waved bye he looked like he was mad with the world.

Kenny-"Bye mama"

Katoya-"Bye Baby. I love you.After school we going out"

He smiled

Kenny-"Bye I love you too."

I left and got in my car and drove to college.
**10 mins**
I got to college I parked and got out with my book bag I made sure my doors was locked I started walking people was staring at me hell I know I'm pretty, I walked up the steps to NYU I went in straight to my class which was my cosmetology I went in and no one was in there thank God I plugged my head phones in and listened to music on my Samsung Galaxy note 4 I heard the bell ring I put my things away and got my books and supplies out my teacher Mrs. Shannon came in class got started.