0.036

"Elouise! Lou!" El's dad slurred as he bombarded his way throughout the house. El was lying on her bed listening to her music whist drawing patterns on her arms as she stared at her scars, her new body.

"Elousie!" He shouted again but still no answer from her. He stormed his way upstairs managing to knock off a few picture frames as he did. He threw her bedroom door open causing El to whip her head around. The sight that stood before her terrified her more than any bully ever could.

Elouise's father stood in the doorway, broken beer bottle in hand with a snarling expression planted on his face. El shrieked in fear as she teared the headphones away from her ears and through herself onto the ground towards the window trying to find any means of escape possible.

El scuttled further away as her father neared, dragging her limp body across the floor as a feeble attempt of getting away but it didn't work. He launched the bottle towards El but missed due to his drunken state, Elouise squealed as she pulled her body together protecting herself best she could.

Her father grabbed a fist full of her hair and yanked her up forcing her tear stained face to look at his raging one.

"When I shout you I expect you to answer!" He spat, tugging on her hair harder causing her to whimper under his touch.

"I-I-I'm sor-r-y father, it w-" Her sentence was cut short by a slap to the face, she immediately brought her hands to her face touching where he hit her, feeling it starting to go red.

"Sorry isn't good enough you brat! I got a call from your school today asking me where you were the other day. On her day! So El, where were you!" His voice got more aggressive with every second that passed on. By now he was red with rage as he thought El was at his deceased wife's grave.

"I w-w-as at the c-cemetery." She whispered but all her father did was tug her hair harder before speaking.

"Speak up you toad! Did you go to my wife's grave!" Tears streamed down El's face as she quickly nodded before breaking down into sobs. "Why you little-"

Before he could finish his sentence he swung his arm up and threw his fist straight into her face knocking El back causing her to screech in pain. A familiar pain but pain none the less.

He repeatedly punched and kicked her body until she could feel no more, she was numb. He finally left her muffling profanities under his breath as he staggered out of the room.

El just laid there and sobbed, sobbed until her frail body could take no more. She lied there telling herself it was her fault, that everything was her fault.