0.039

"El let me see, please." Jay's voice was strained as he tried to get any form of words from the girl quivering in fear out from under the sheets.

"Just tell me what happened," he pleaded again but no response, she just went further under the duvet trying to protect her fragile bones.

Jay moved over to the top of her bed where El hid away from his priying eyes. He reached his hands out and grasped the top of the cover and slowly dragged it down revealing a bruised and battered Elousie.

He gasped in horror as his eyes took in the sight below him.

"You happy now?" She spat, the little confidence she had coming out finally. "You happy to see the work that you've done! My arms aren't me anymore, my stomach isn't me anymore, my life isn't me anymore! You have broke me down into a shell of a person. Unloved by everyone. Is it normal to think of dying everyday?-" she sarcastically laughed, her confidence more than it every has been. "-well for me it is. It's all I think about. If I died would this torture end. Would people stop blaming me for their problems!"

By now El was lost for breath as she started shaking with rage, the adrenaline coursing through her veins giving her this new found experience. An experience of fighting back. Becoming stronger.

Jay sat there silently as he took in her words.

"To start off with, it was a joke. An idea of 'if I teased someone I'd become popular'. You were an easy target, always alone, wanting to be by yourself. You pushed me and everyone else away so I thought of it as a little revenge, I guessed you'd say," Jay said sadistically but then his voice softened as he remembered what happened, "But then it got worse. More...violent. When I realised what I was doing to you..." Jay's voice broke as his voice trailed off not wanting to continue his thoughts as he lowered his head.

Silence passed throughout them for a few seconds before El spoke up, "I didn't mean to leave you."

Jay snapped his head up and met El's glistening sapphire orbs that had been tainted with tears.

"I never meant to leave anyone." Her voice a whisper.

"Then why?" Jay stressed as he brought his hand to meet her face forcing her to look up at him.

"Because I was scared"

"Why though El?" Jay strained even more, his voice practically pleading as he wanted to know the cause of it all, the cause of why the girl he loved went away and didn't return. Why he was left wondering if he did anything wrong. Why his feelings were still there and no matter what he does he can't get rid of them.

He was left in a confused state of emotion while El poured out her heart in tears. Most of regret but some of happiness now that someone, no matter how much they have hurt her in the past, are showing her they care. That she matters. And to El, at this moment, this is all she wanted to ask for.