0.046

Days have passed since the incident with my father. Days have passed since you stopped talking to me, you're giving me the silent treatment.

You still sit with me though.

You still walk with me, make sure I'm safe on the way to lessons, make sure I'm safe coming home.

...

They walked together in silence towards El's front door as another day of 'the silent treatment' with Jay continued. He refused to speak to her, he was to angry to speak to her. He wasn't angry at her...okay maybe he was a little because she made no effort to get out but he was more angry with himself. Angry that he had been living next door to her for all these years and didn't notice one thing.

El didn't know what to do, she wanted to apologise, tell him she was sorry for not saying anything but her courage was no where to be found. As they made the finally few steps to her front door Jay gave her a quick look saying bye and walked back down towards his house.

As he got half way down he froze, he didn't want it to be like this. He was sick to his teeth with everything El goes through. It's hurting him seeing how much pain she is in. He wants to tell her everything, he wants to tell her that he loves her, that no matter what he does these feelings won't go away.

A few seconds passed before he turned around and started running back to El's door, not able to process what he's doing, his feet moving on there own accord.

El jumped in fright as Jay appeared in front of her, they stared at each other for what seemed like forever until Jay finally spoke up, "I'm sorry."

Before El could respond Jay did something not even he knew he was going to do it. He brought his head down to hers, lips centimeters apart, slightly hesitant before closing the small gap in between them. El responded almost instantly to the kiss, her lips molding against Jay's practically straight away.

As they stood on El's porch, lips latched, bodies connected, they didn't have a care in the world. Nothing else mattered to them in that moment other than one another.

When they parted Jay pressed his forehead against El's and kissed her nose. El let a smile spread across her lips as this new found feeling took over her body, she didn't know what it was but what she did know is that she didn't want to let it go.