0.043

"Shush, El. Shhh I'm here. I'm here." The boy said softly as he stoked her hair in a small attempt to calm her down.

"It's my fault! Everything's my fault!" She blubbered into Jay's chest, clinging onto his t-shirt as it soaked up all of her falling tears.

"Nothing's your fault Princess. You haven't done anything I promise you." He soothed as he lifted her up and walked towards the wall, as soon as his back made contact he slid down the wall to the floor before pulling El into his lap giving Jay a more secure hold of her.

"Yes it is! She's dead and it's all my fault." El wailed before sitting up slightly whispering to herself as if what she said had only just registered, "She's dead because of me."

Jay had had enough of it. He had enough of her blaming herself for something that couldn't be controlled. The car came out of no where, if it wasn't for her mother El would be the one dead, she was only protecting her daughter. Jay felt the anger slowly build up so he grabbed her face in between his two hands and pulled her face towards him.

"Now you listen to me, none of it was your fault. You are going to stop blaming yourself for something that couldn't be controlled, that car came out of thin air, it was going to hit you. You would've died. Your mother acted upon her instinct to protect her only daughter. So please-please stop blaming yourself Princess because your mother did it to save you." By now even Jay had a few tears running down his face that didn't go un-noticed by El, she brought her hand up to his face and cupped his cheek wiping away the stray tears with her thumb.

Jay looked down at her arms, the blood from the fresh cuts clotting, the scars from the older ones being more prominent. He lightly grasped her wrist and brought it up to his lips placing a fragile kiss over the wounds before letting go and he himself breaking down.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry," he cried and for the first time in a long time El was the one comforting a person in need. As she sat on Jay's lap El threw her arms around his neck and dragged his head down into the crook of her neck where she captured him in a tight embrace feeling the wet tears spill onto her as Jay broke into a sobbing mess.