Chapter 1

Jacquees's Pov: (Baby Kelvin's Pic In Mm)

"Aight See Yall Later." I Yelled As I Grabbed The Basketballs And Put Them Into Their Bag.

I Work At A Recreation Center, Helping The Kids Or Whatever Else There Is To Do. I Teach Kids Basketball. I Plan Stuff And Clean Up When Everyone's Gone. If Something Is Broke I Call In To Get It Fixed. I Run Everything Around Here Basically.

My Phone Started Ringing. I Looked At The Caller I.D. And It Said Nia. I Answered It.

"Da Da." I Heard My Son's Voice Say Over The Phone.

He's Two Now.

"Hey Kelvin, Are You Playing On Mommy's Phone Again."

"Da Da, Da Da, Da Da."

"Kelvin Where's Mommy."

"I Dunno."

"You Don't Know?"

"She, She, She In The Bathroom." He Said Barely Pronouncing All The Words.

"Okay Well I Gotta Go, I Love You Little Man."

"Love You."

I Hung Up And Put The Basketballs Up Before Leaving And Locking Up The Rec Center. It Was Already 9:00. I Stopped And Got Something To Eat Before Going Home.

I'm Doing Pretty Good For Myself. Well I Think So. I Get Kelvin On Weekends And Me And Nia Still Fuck Around But We're Not Together, Even Though That's What She Wants. I Don't Want To Have A Relationship With Her, All She Can Provide Is Sex.

I Laid In My Bed, Tired As Hell. Too Bad I Have To Get Up In The Morning And Do This All Over Again. I Love Working At The Rec Center But A Nigga Gets Tired.

I Turned On The Tv. I Grabbed My Phone And Went On Instagram. I Scrolled For A Little, I Liked A Few Pictures Then Got Off.

Ming Lynn's Pov:

I Was Just Locking Up Shop And Getting Into My New 2014 Jeep Wrangler. I Sat My Stuff In The Passenger Seat And Sighed. I Was Tired. I Now Own My Own Hair Shop: Ming's Salon. June Works There Two Along With 2 Other Girls And 3 Guys.

The Shop Is Pretty Big And Roomy. I Absolutely Love It With All Of My Heart. I Usually Have One Of The Guys Lock Up At Night, But Them Niggas Don't Know How To Clean Up.

When I Got Home I Decided To Take A Nice Warm Bath. 21 With My Own Hair Salon. I Love The Sound Of That. As I Sat In The Bubbly Water, I Thought. I Thought About Mai. I Have My Own House Now So I Don't See Her Everyday. She Won't Admit It But She Misses Me.

My Mind Wandered And I Got Super Comfortable Closing My Eyes.

I Woke Up And Was Still In The Bathtub. I Was Completely Submerged In The Water. I Sat Up Breathing Heavily. I Grabbed My Towel And Hopped Out Of The Tub, Wrapping It Around Me And Going Into My Room. I Changed Into Some Pj's And Dried My Hair Before Getting Into Bed.

I Laid Down, Thinking. I'm Happy With Myself. I Love How Everything Is Turning Out For Me. Not Only Do I Have A New Salon But I Also Have A Guy I'm Talking To. His Name Is James. He's 26. He's One Of My Supporters. He's Cute And He's A Pretty Decent Guy.

The Next Morning I Got Up, Got Ready And Made My Way To The Shop. June Was Already There And She Opened Up.

"Hey Babe." She Said As I Walked In.

"Hey."

"Um We Need To Talk About Lana." She Said Bringing Up One Of My Stylist.

"What About Her."

"She Needs To Be Fired. She's Always Late, She's Always Getting Into It With Somebody And She Never Cleans Up Her Station."

"I'll Talk To Her."

"Yeah Okay." She Said Turning Back To Her Station.

A Few Hours Later We Opened Up And All But One Of My Workers Showed Up But They Called In. Lana Was At Her Station When I Called Her Into My Office In The Back.

"Yes." She Said As She Walked In And Sat Down.

"Lana I've Been Getting Some Uh...Complaints About Your Attitude And Actions And Quite Frankly I Don't Like It. Now I Was Contemplating On Whether Or Not I Should Fire You But I Need You. So, I Need You To Get It Together Or I Will Be Finding You A Replacement. You're Dismissed."

Jacquees' Pov':

Me And My Homie Tylen Was Riding Through The Neighborhood. He Had A Few People To See. We Stopped At A House And Both Hopped Out The Car Going Up To The Front Door.

Tylen Knocked And Some Dude Opened The Door Letting Us In.

"Yo' Man, This My Homie Que, Que This My Cousin, James." Tylen Said

"Yo' Man Wassup." I Said Dapping Him Up.

"Shit." He Replied

"Aye You Got Any Weed On You." James Asked Tylen.

"Always."

We Rolled Up And Smoked For A Minute. James Was Real Cool, He Was Telling Us About His Girl. He Say She Own A Hair Salon And She Got Somebody Who Does Dreads. I Need To Get Mine Re-Twisted.

I Never Caught Ole Girls Name But He Did Give Me The Address.

"Man, But Lemme Tell You I Met This Fine Chick At The Hookah Lounge Last Week And Been Hitting It Ever Since." James Said.

"What About The Other One."

"I Mean She Cool And All But She Too Busy Doing Her Thang And She Ain't Giving Me None."

Tylen Chuckled. "Man You A Fool But We Gone Head Up Out Of Here."

Both Me And Tylen Stood up.

"Cool Man " James Turned To Me. "Aye Man And Check Out The Shop, Tell 'em I Sent You."

"Aight."

We Both Headed Out And Tylen Dropped Me Off Back Home. It Was About 9:30 When I Got Home, So I Just Chilled In The House Until I Decided To Go To Bed.