Chapter 20

Jacquees Pov:

Today I Didn't Have To Go In To Work So I Was Able To Stay Home With Rya. It Was Nothing But Peace And Sleep The Whole Day. When Ming Got Home She Looked Completely Worn Out. She Passed Me Straight Up And Went Into The Kitchen. I Grabbed Rya From Her Bassinet And Walked Into The Kitchen. She Grabbed A Bottle Of Water Out Of The Fridge And Gulped It Down.

"Damn Thirsty."

"Don't Start With Me."

"What's Wrong?"

"I'm Tired Baby. I Just Want Some Sleep."

"Did You See June Today?"

"Nope, She Didn't Come In."

"Is She Really That Butt Hurt Over This."

"I Guess So."

Ming Walked Up To Me Taking Rya Out Of My Hands. "Look At My Girl."

I Took My Phone Out And Snapped A Pic And Put It On Snap.

"Que No. Do You See My Hair." She Said Looking At Me As If She Was Going To Kill Me.

"You Look Fine."

She Sighed And Handed Rya Back To Me. "I'm Gonna Go Lay Down, My Feet Hurt.'

She Went Upstairs To The Bedroom And I Followed Right Behind Her. I Watched As She Changed Her Clothes And Then Laid Down. I Put Rya In Her Bed And Then Laid Down With Ming.

"Baby You Been Working Hard, You Deserve A Day Off." I Told Her.

"You Think So."

"Of Course. Just Have Someone Else Open Shop Tomorrow."

"Que I Have Customers That Come In There Specifically For Me. I Can't Just Not Go To Work."

"Okay Well, Take Off Next Week. Let Your Clients Know. Me, You And Rya Can Chill For A Week."

She Thought About It For A Minute Then Agreed. Soon We Were Both Sleep. The Next Day I Went To Work. I Dropped Rya Off With Mai Who Better Have My Child In One Piece When I Go Back To Get Her. I Was Changing The Oil In A Car When I Heard A Car Horn Honk Behind Me. It Was A 2015 Malibu. The Windows Were Tinted. Not Too Much But I Couldn't See Who Was In It.

I Walked Over To The Driver side And The Window Rolled Down. It Was Big Dog.

"Big Dog? I Thought You Was Locked Up."

"Nah, Somebody Else Took The Rap For Me."

"What Are You Doing Here." I Asked Coldly.

"Man I Been Looking For You."

"Why?"

"Listen, Get In The Car."

"Hell Nah."

"Jacquees Just Get In The Car."

"Nah Nigga Last Time I Saw You, You Shot Me."

"Man That's What I Came Here To Talk About, Now Get In The Car."

I Sighed Before Reluctantly Getting In The Passengers Side.

"5 Minutes." I Told Him.

"Look. You Knew When We Met How The Game Was And How Shit Goes. You Know How I Work."

"Okay, And?"

"I'm Sorry I Shot You, But You Jumped Into Something That Had Nothing To Do With You. Jay jay Stole From Me....And You Was Suppose To Have My Back. I Did What I Had To Do, But I Need You Back On My Team."

My Head Snapped In His Direction.

"You Crazy, You Know I Think Everyday About How Little Man Ain't Got His Dad And How Deja Out There Struggling. I'm Not Gone Put Ming Through That Or My Daughter."

"Wait, You Gotta Kid."

"Yeah...Two Weeks. I'm Not Getting Back Out There So You Can Go." I Said Opening The Car Door.

"Jacquees Man, Just Think About."

"I Already Did."

I Closed The Door And Walked Back Over To The Car I Was Working On.

When I Got Home Ming Was Just Pulling Up. I Basically Sprinted To Her Car To Get Rya.

"Well Damn No 'Hi Baby How Was Your Day' Or Even A Kiss." Ming Said.

I Leaned Over A Gave Her A Kiss. "Hi Baby How Was Work."

She Laughed And We Both Went Into The House. I Sat On The Couch And Pulled Rya Out Of Her Car Seat.

"Weeeeell If You Must Know... There's A Fashion Show Downtown Next Month And My Shop Has Been Chosen To Do The Models Hair And Make Up."

"Damn Babe, Congratulations."

"And You Are Definitely Coming."

"Of Course, Always Support My Baby."

Soon I Smelled Something Foul. "And Your Changing A Baby." I Said Handing Rya To Ming And Walking Into The Kitchen.

Ming Laughed." How Dare You, You See What Your Daddy Does Rya."