Chapter 4

Jacquees' Pov:

It Was Sunday And There Wasn't Much To Do. Ming's Shop Isn't Open On Sundays So I Asked If She Wanted To Come Over. Of Course She Hesitated At First, But Then She Said Yeah.

As I Waited I Was Getting Hungry. I Got Up To Go To The Kitchen But The Doorbell Rang. I Got Up To Get It. When I Opened The Door Nia Was Standing There With Kelvin.

"What's This?" I Asked As She Handed Me His Stuff Along With Him.

"Your Son." She Said in A Duh Tone

"I Know That But Why Are You Bringing Him, I Don't Get Him Til Next Week And You Didn't Call."

"Damn, Are You Expecting Somebody Or Something."

I Didn't Say Anything And She Stopped And Stared At Me.

"Ooooh You Are, Well It Bet Not Be No Skank Ass Female, Ion Want That Around My Son."

"It Ain't No Skank Ass Female."

"And It Bet Not Be No Raggedy, Dirty Niggas Either."

"Bye Nia." I Said Closing The Door In Her Face.

I Looked At Kelvin And He Was Just Staring At Me. I Put Him Down And He Walked Into The Living Room. I Followed Behind Him. He Climbed Up On The Couch.

"I Hungry." He Said.

"Okay I'll Be Right Back."

I Went To Put Some Chicken Nuggets And Fries In The Oven And Then Back To Living Room To Watch Tv With My Son.

About 30 Minutes Later My Doorbell Rung Again. I Went To Answer It.

"Uh Hey." I Said To Ming As She Stood There.

"Hey." She Said Sheepishly.

I Let Her In. We Both Went Into The Living Room. Kelvin Got Up. "Food."

"Oh Yeah." I Went Into The Kitchen And Got The Stuff Out Of The Oven, Making Kelvin A Plate And Setting Him At The Kitchen Table. I Went Back Into The Living Room And Ming Was Still Standing In The Same Spot.

"You Can Sit Down." I Said.

She Turned Around, Looking At Me. "Oh Uh Yeah I Know."

She Had Her Hands In Her Pockets But She Was Still Standing There. She Was Looking Around As If She Had Never Been In The Room Before. When She Sat Down She Was Towards The Edge Of The Couch, Straight Up Almost Like She Was At A Job Interview. I Went And Sat Down Next To Her.

"Relax, You Making Me Nervous."

She Stared At Me, Not Saying Anything. Her Eyes Were Burning Holes In My Face.

"I Like The Red Hair, It Fits You."

"What." She Said As If She Was Snapped Out Of Her Thoughts. "Oh, Thanks."

I Sighed. "Come On Ming, Are You Really Going To Be Like This The Whole Time Your Here."

She Didn't Say Anything. I Was Growing Tired Of Her Quietness. It Was Like We Had Never Talked In Our Lives And It Was Frustrating.

"Look It's Been A Minute Okay." She Said Obviously Offended.

"But Come On, When We Were Separated For A Year It Took Us No Time."

"Well This Time Is Different." She Said Eyeing Me.

I Got Down On My Knees In Front Of Her And Looked Up At Her Beautiful Face.

"Ming I Love You And You Know It, No Matter How You Feel Towards Me Right Now. I Made The Biggest Mistake Of My Life When I Cheated On You And I'm Sorry. I Don't Know How Many Times I Have To Say But I Will Continue To Until I Know You Love Me Again, Even If It Is As Just Being Best Friends. You Know You Mean The World To Me And I Would Do Anything For You."

"Then Tell Me Why, Why Did You Do It."

"I Was Stressed, Sexually Frustrated And I Didn't Know How To Handle It. I Was Losing You Before I Knew It. I Couldn't Control My Emotions."

"I Love You Jacquees." She Said As A Tear Slid Down Her Cheek. "But I Hate You So Much At The Same Time."

"I Know Baby Girl, I Know."

"Da Da." I Heard Kelvin Call From The Kitchen."

She Looked Towards The Kitchen.

"I Want You To Meet My Son, Officially." I Told Her.

She Lightly Nodded. I Got Up And Went Into The Kitchen, Grabbing Kelvin And Cleaning His Face Off. I Went Back Into The Living Room Where Ming Was Sitting. I Sat Down Next To Her With Kelvin In My Lap.

"Ming This Is Kelvin. Kelvin This Is Ming, Say Hi."

He Said Hi Before Smiling Big. He Climbed Out Of My Lap And Onto Hers Then Hugged Her. She Was Taken Back At First But Then She Hugged Him Back.

"Wow, He's Uh Friendly." She Said Slightly Shocked.

I Chuckled. "Nah, He Just Likes Girls."

She Giggled.

"Ooh Was That A Giggle?!"

She Giggled Even More. "Shut Up." She Looked At Kelvin. "You Look Just Like Your Daddy."

She Stayed Over For Almost Another Two Hours Before Leaving. I Put Kelvin To Sleep And Then Went Upstairs To My Bedroom. I Changed Into Just Some Basketball Shorts And Got Into Bed.

"Que! Que!"

"Ming Where Are You!?"

"Que, I'm Scared!"

"Baby Girl Just Keep Talking To Me So I Know Your Alright, I'll Find You"

I Didn't Know What Was Happening But I Do Know Finding Ming Was My Main Priority.

"O-okay But I-i Don't Know What To Say"

"Sing Me A Song, Sing Something For Me Ming"

"Um Okay. Uh- You Are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine, You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Grey" The Words Barely Came Out Of My Mouth.
"You'll Never Know Dear, How Much I Love You, Please Don't Take My Sunshine Away"

I Felt Her Hand. I Pulled Her From Under A Table But Next Thing You Know She Was Snatched Away From Me.

"Ming! MING!"

I Shot Up From My Bed, Sweating Hard. It Was Only A Dream. Well More Of A Nightmare. Damn Man. I've Had The Same Few Dreams About Her For The Past 3 Years And The Shit Doesn't Stop. Ever Since That Day, I've Had These Dreams Constantly. I Mean They Stopped After We Were Together But Once She Left, They Started Right Back Up. I Laid Back Down And Tried To Go Back Back To Sleep With Little Luck.
_______________________

How Is It So Far?

Yall Wanna Know Something, I Really Enjoy Writing In Jacquees' Point Of View More Than Anything. Is That Weird?