e l e v e n - c o r a

Shortly after bringing Jimin dinner, I return to my quarters. I decide that a nap is probably in order so I'll have enough strength for my escape later that night, so I set an alarm on Subin's iPod and let sleep take me, thinking of my newfound runaway future in my dreams.

When I wake to the incessant beeping of the alarm, I realize that I'm a bit late. I can't keep Jimin waiting, so I make myself look a bit more inconspicuous by tying my hair back into a bun and putting my hoodie back on. I then proceed to leave the room and make my way towards Cell Block B for the last time, a small bag containing all of my materials on my back.

When I finally arrive at Jimin's cell, I'm shocked to find that it's empty. I hear vague footsteps from farther away, and I have a feeling I know what's going on. I run to the nearest janitor's closet, unlock it with the key I stole, and stash my bag in it before I continue following the footsteps. When I catch up to the sound enough so I can see who's producing it, I realize my assumptions are correct. Three men are accompanying Jimin to a location I know all too well, and one of them appears to be Taewoo. I hang back, making myself appear less suspicious than I actually am, and follow the group from a distance. Finally, a door opens and Jimin is taken inside. I have to wait, I know I have to wait. I just don't want to. I lean against the wall outside of the room for a minute or two, knowing that it'll be suspicious if I walk in immediately. That time feels like an eternity, but I wait it out. It finally seems safe, so I proceed into the room.

"Agreeable, aren't you? That's quite nice. Now, I think we'll—" I hear Taewoo speaking as I enter the room, but he cuts himself off when he notices the door closing.

I make a point to judge my situation quickly and covertly. Jimin is strapped to a table, and a large metal device is above it. Taewoo stands at the side of the table, his hands behind his back. He's wearing a suit, but strictly for theatrical reasons. He only ever does it to appear more intimidating to the prisoners. Two men are standing a few feet away from the table, presumably the ones who brought Jimin here. One of them is Jinhwan, a fellow Breaker, and I don't know who the other one is. They're both armed to the teeth, and there's no way I'll be able to fight them and get Jimin out of here. As awful as it sounds, he's going to have to endure whatever it is Taewoo has planned for him.

Taewoo turns to me, his face brightening when he sees me. "Ah, just the girl I wanted to see! Cora, how are you?"

"Fine, sir," I reply, making myself seem stoic and not particularly interested. "What's going on?"

"We were just about to do a bit of work with 402. I'd love it if you watched with me."

"Yes, sir."

I cross the room and stand beside my stand-in father, taking in every detail of his face. He's a tall, broad-shouldered man with a moderate build, and his face is particularly vicious. He has small, sharp features that give him an utterly hawk-like appearance, and he knows it. He always wears his black hair in an updo to make him look taller and more intimidating. He is truly a formidable enemy, and I'm sure Jimin sees that now.

He speaks again. "Anything to say, 402? Speak now, or forever hold your peace." He laughs, and it's a malicious laugh. It's deceitful and dominant. He knows he's won.

I finally force myself to look down at Jimin, not really wanting to face him in this situation knowing that I can't help him out of it. His muscles are tensed and his expression is surprisingly blank. When he is asked to speak, he moves his head ever so slightly and looks for just a moment at me, and I see something else in his eyes.

Pride.

It hasn't left him yet; there's still light in his eyes. He will not let this enemy— no matter how strong— bring him down. Park Jimin is going to fight until his last breath to get out of here. And if he will, so will I.