s e v e n t e e n - c o r a

Shortly after returning home from the therapy session, I decide to head out to the mall with Jungkook. I mean, I've been borrowing clothes from some of the female staff at Big Hit for the last week, so I've got no reason not to. Of course, I don't actually have any money, but I talked to Jungkook about it. He said he'd be willing to buy me clothes, which I thanked him immensely for. With a smile, he leaves the dorm and I follow. We exit the building and enter one of the company cars, and he gets in the passenger's seat.

"What are you doing?" I ask, confused.

"I can't drive, Cora."

"Oh, uh— right. I'll drive."

I'd gotten my driver's license on my third day in Bangtan's dorm, but it's just a little weird to think that I have to drive Jungkook. I get in the driver's seat and we head to the mall; Jungkook giving me directions all the while. We arrive in one piece, thankfully, and end up window shopping in the mall.

I find interest in some of the dresses I see, as my mind at the moment is focused on my date, but I can tell the stores that sell them are pretty high-end. I see black ones, blue ones, and ones of every other color, but they all have one thing in common. They're all expensive. Jungkook just walks beside me, watching me as I examine the dresses with a mixture of longing and disdain.

Then, out of the blue, I see it. It's in the window of a well-lit store; placed on a mannequin who accessorizes with a necklace some white flats, despite lacking the limbs necessary to actually wear them. The dress itself is light pink, a color I normally wouldn't wear, but it's really cute. It's a sundress with ruffles, and its straps are white. I can't take my eyes off it, but I know that it's not happening. No way I'm making Jungkook pay that much money for it.

I turn to Jungkook then, to ask if he has any recommendations for less expensive stores, but he's gone. I turn, doing a quick sweep of my surroundings to see where the kid might have wandered off to, but my eyes end up landing on him as he enters the store.

"Jungkook-ah!" I exclaim, jogging after him. He looks back, but smirks, turns, and continues into the store.

It doesn't take me long to catch up to him, but it seems it's already too late. He's found the dress on a rack and before I can say a word, he holds one of them up against me to check the size.

"Yeah, this should fit," he says, handing it to me. "Try it on."

I look at the price tag and cringe. "No, not happening. I'm not making you pay for this."

"You're not; that's right. I'm offering. In fact, I'm insisting. Now, try it on."

"Jungkook, it's expensive. Don't spend your money on me; I'm not worth it."

"Oh, you're worth it. Now don't make me tell you again."

I sigh defeatedly, taking the dress and trying it on. It fits well— I notice that as I look in the dressing room mirror. I picture myself wearing my hair down and accessorizing a little, and I realize that it's perfect.

"Come out! Let me see!" Jungkook calls from outside.

Reluctantly, I leave the dressing room and face Jungkook. His eyes widen, and a smile spreads across his face.

"You look amazing, Cora. Like, drop-dead gorgeous."

"Are you hitting on me?" I joke.