Vacation

Zelda wasn't sure what she had expected. That Link could have gone with her?

She was dreaming.

His guardians were good people, but to let their adopted son go off with a rich girl to a vacation home where her parents were gone seventy-five percent of the time... No. It just wasn't realistic.

Trapped again. Alone again.

Zelda turned around and fell onto her bed. She pulled out her phone; at least she was allowed that luxury that year.

Her parents were gone already, they usually waited a few days into the summer but... Not that time.

She was alone. Well, minus the knock on her door.

"Come in."

"Miss Zelda, do you need anything?" one of the staff asked as she poked her head into the room.

"I'm alright. Thank you," Zelda replied as she held her phone above her head.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Just miss my friend that's all."

"Friend? Not friends?" asked the girl. "Missing someone in particular?"

"Yeah."

"A special friend?"

Zelda dropped her phone beside her and turned to the girl. "Not really any of your business."

She dipped her head. "Apologies miss. I meant no offense. I was just trying to get to know you a bit," she said as she turned away.

"Wait," Zelda said as she held out her hand and then patted it against the bed. "Stay and talk with me."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I don't want to be lonely anymore."

-_-_-

Zelda turned around to look at the back of the dress in the mirror. "What do you think?" she asked the staff girl.

Lana frowned. "It doesn't look good on the side. The zipper scrunched up."

Zelda nodded. "I agree. Thanks for your honesty," she said as she unzipped it and slid out of it.

"You have a lot of trust in me already to just strip," Lana commented.

"What? You're a girl."

Lana smiled. "Yeah, but still."

"It's no big deal to me," Zelda commented as she slipped on her normal jeans and sweater. They had air conditioning, and she loved her sweaters.

A small tone flew towards both of them from Zelda's phone on the desk. She went for it and checked the text.

Link
"Hey Zel, how have you been? Did your parents leave you again? Do you still have your phone? Are you lonely? I'm really sorry I couldn't go with you."

"Who's that from? That nonspecial 'special friend?'" Lana asked.

"He's special, I just don't know-" she reddened im her cheeks slightly. "Never mind, yeah it's him."

"You never told me his name."

Zelda smiled. "And I won't," she said as she turned around and started her reply to Link.

Zelda
"Hey Link, yeah, my parents left already, a few days ago actually. Obviously I've still got my phone with me, thank the goddesses for that.

I'm lonely without you, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Embarrassed maybe :p

I understand it was too much to ask for you to come with me to a vacation home just to keep me company. It was pretty selfish of me to suggest it. Sorry if I made you feel bad."

After Zelda sent it she immediately regretted it. Of course she was embarrassed by the text, but she was glad she could speak openly with him, even if it was embarrassing.

"Awww, you're so cute!" Lana squealed as she read the text over her shoulder. "So his name is Link?"

Zelda snapped to look at Lana. "Hey! Don't read other's texts!" she exclaimed, her cheeks reddening.

"So even with me, you're lonely," she added with a pouting, sarcastic look crossing her face. "I'm so offended."

Zelda rolled her eyes. "Very funny Lana. Anyways, I want to be by myself now," she said bluntly.

"I understand, you want to be alone while talking to him right?" she asked.

Zelda nodded. "Yes, thank you."

Lana smiled slyly. "Bye bye."

Link
"I miss you too Zel, really.

Was that it? No, couldn't be. He usually sent longer-

Link
"I was really glad when you invited me. The fact that you wanted me around, that you didn't want last summer to repeat itself, it made me happy. I missed you so much last break. I should probably apologize for how tightly I hugged you when you got back last fall though."

Zelda stared at her phone. Link talked differently than he texted, but she liked both. She smiled as she replied.

Zelda
"There's no need to apologize Link, I didn't mind, not one bit.

I did manage to make a friend here, I think. She's a girl on the staff, her name is Lana. She is unfortunately very direct, but that's how we met.

It's really pretty here... And yet I can't wait to leave again. The hard work of school is nothing when I can see you, and whatever friends I've ever made in high school. Maybe my parents don't understand but... The prettiest sights mean nothing if the people I want to share it with aren't around."

Link
"Glad you like hugs... I... I admit I like them too. Glad you made a friend as well. Lana sounds good for you.

As pretty as a vacation home is, you're right. I wish I could share it with you."

Zelda
"You're such a goof. Guys aren't supposed to talk like that. The girls get all feely and talk about 'sharing the sights' and 'I miss you'. What's your reason to text like a sixteen year old girl?"

Link
"You know I'm not the best with words, though I'm better with you than anyone else. Texting is easier than talking, for me anyway....

My reason... Well, I can't see you, or talk to you, so texting is all I've got. If I'm texting like a girl, then so be it."

Zelda
"You do realize that didn't help your case."

Link
"Come on Zel, you're just teasing me now. I don't care if I text like a girl, and you know it."

Zelda
"Haha, you looked right through me, I just wanted to play a little. I'm so bored here."

Link
"Sorry you're bored, can I help with that, without the risk of teasing?"

Zelda
"I don't know, teasing is much more fun."

Link
"Spare me, Princess."

Zelda
"Haha, see? Teasing is fun."

Link
"It's fun for you Zel, so I go along with it."

Zelda smiled and shook her head. He really was an awesome guy.

"Thanks for helping, but I'm about to drop so... I'm going to go to sleep now."

"Goodnight, Princess."

"Goodnight, Link."