Bonus; A First Date

"Aha! I knew it," Lana started. "You can't hide anything from me!"

"Lana, I know you found out from the other staff so cut it out," Zelda replied as she turned away from her and focused instead on the mirror.

"I was gone for four days, and when I come back, miss Zelly already lost a friend."

Zelda rolled her eyes. "You're playing on words aren't you?"

Lana grinned. "But of course."

"Are you happy?" Zelda asked as she shook her head. "You're my only friend now."

"Boyfriend still has friend in the name!" came a yell from the other side of the door.

Zelda started to laugh. "Get your eavesdropping butt back downstairs!" she yelled back.

"Is Lana holding you up or something?" Link complained.

Okay, so she'd taken awhile to get ready... and it was partially Lana's fault. Her hair, her clothes; Lana wanted them to be perfect for her first real date with Link.

Zelda was getting ready when Lana burst through the locked door with a key she shouldn't have had, and was exclaiming about how her little friend had grown up so fast.

"She'll be out in five minutes, so stop bothering us!" Lana said as she opened the door and glared at him, but she couldn't hold it for long and started to chuckle as she shut the door.

"What's he doing?" Zelda asked.

"He's laying on the stairs."

She laughed. "Wow, okay let's hurry up."

True to Lana's promise, Zelda was out the door five minutes later.

Link smiled as he saw her. "You look great," he said as he stood up from the steps and took her hand. "Let's go!" he said excitedly as they went down the stairs.

Zelda was immediately grateful that she had decided shoes were for the weak. If she had been wearing heels she wouldn't have made it down the steps in one piece. "Slow down, we have all night you weirdo!" she said happily as they reached the back door.

"That's true," he replied as he smiled. "But I don't want to waste any of it," he said as they left through the door and followed the forest path. Instead of going left to go to the lake, they went right; strings of lights bordering their path. The air was the perfect temperature, even for Zelda in her dress and bare feet.

At the end of their path was a clearing filled with lanterns hanging in the trees and lights strung about them. In the center of the clearing was a tall gazebo, and inside that gazebo was a table already covered with trays.

"I didn't expect them to be already done," Zelda said, impressed at her staff.

"They wanted to make it special for you. Most of them here have watched you grow up every summer," Link said as he squeezed her hand and pulled her after him up the steps.

She smiled as he pulled her into a seat next to him instead of across from him. "And what's for dinner?" she asked.

"Your favorite, of course."

Zelda grinned. "Meaaat," she said as he lifted up the lid, drawing out the word.

Link chuckled. "Yes, steak," he said, sliding the plate over to her.

She looked down at the plate like it was the kitten she'd always wanted. "It's... so beautiful..."

He rolled his eyes. "And you call me a weirdo."