Prologue

Tom's POV

My eyes fluttered open as I looked at the sky. It looked... different, you might say. As I sat up, my mind was blown. I know, I know. You're all gonna rage at me saying Hey Tom you can't sit up in Minecraft! Well, I have a disclaimer. This book will have no physics. So continuing on with the story, I looked at my hands, and I was creeped out; everything was blocky. Dammit. I'm stuck in Minecraft. Well, I'm not stuck, I'm just in it. Just hope for the best. I was looking for a tree. Why? Because I'm in Minecraft. What do you do when you first start a world in Minecraft? Punch wood. Except I had no luck; I was in the middle of the desert. I walked for miles and miles until I saw what I thought was a pig. Food. I ran over to it, and punched it to death. It didn't drop anything. Ok. How can I survive if I only have a few hunger bars left, with no food or shelter in sight, and it was already getting dark. Monsters were starting to spawn around me. There was finally a miracle that happened: there was a stone sword on the floor. I went to pick it up, and caught it just in time to see a zombie coming at me from behind. I swiftly spun around and swung at it until it was lying on the floor, becoming a poof of smoke. Suddenly came more and more creepers, skeletons, and zombies. As I ended lives one by one, a skeleton that was out of my sight shot an arrow that headed straight for my sword arm, piercing through it. The pain surged through my arm. Another arrow flew at me and hit me in the chest, knocking me down. I tried standing up properly, but I couldn't, because I was dying. Monsters swarmed around me, giving me less space. Slowly, my eyes started to close, and my heart started slowing down. Until something happened: a flaming arrow shot a nearby zombie, and more and more arrows flew and hit the surrounding monsters. After all of them were gone, I saw a very familiar face. That face had a body that had orange hair, light skin, a green shirt, brown pants, and gray boots. I then fell unconscious, laying there on the floor.
When I woke up, I was in a small but cozy hut that was kinda warm. There she was, standing across the room, looking at me. When I got up, she had one question to ask: "Who the hell are you?". "Oh, sorry. My name is Tom. And I'm guessing you're... Alex?" I said to her. "Yes, I am Alex. I think I have something to give you," she said, handing me a book. I started to read it aloud. "Once you find a boy surrounded by monsters, thy shall save him. Thy shall help him on a quest for the ancient Nether Star. Thy shall begin once thy find him." Whoa. Too many "Thy"s. Well, I guess it is an ancient scroll. "So it's saying that we should start the quest right now?" I asked her. "Basically, yeah." She answered, taking things from her chest. "Oh, yeah. Here's your sword," she said, giving it to me. "We need to go and start this quest right now." She said, walking out the door. I went to follow her. We explored, but we didn't really find anything. It was turning dark when we built a small makeshift shelter. We brought with us beds, just in case. We then went to sleep, to quickly make it morning. Since I have time right now until I finish the story, I'll tell you how all of this happened, and who I am.
So my name is Tom and I am 10 years old. I live in London, England. Yes, I am a Brit. This all started when I decided to ditch school, because that place is really... bad. Before I left to school, I opened the window of my room. I usually walk to school with my parents, and then when I get there, they walk back home, and after a few minutes, they go to work. So after they left, I stood right outside the gate until they were long gone out of my sight. That's when I started to walk home. When I got there, I ran to my gate and jumped over it. I hid behind the wall of house, waiting patiently for my parents to leave. When they left, I went around the house and jumped through the open door of my bedroom. I closed it after me, and locked the door. That's when I turned on my PC, and launched Minecraft. Instead, there was a loading bar, and the screen turned orange. A grass block appeared, and I was sucked into my computer.

-=+=-