« ᴛᴡᴏ : ᴍɪᴋᴀᴇʟᴀ »

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀Yuichiro laid eyes closed on his stone-hard mattress, blanket sprawled out under his body. Sweat drenched his tee shirt, tiny droplets trickling down his neck and to the clothing creating a darker spot where it had soaked into. The window was open; he was hotter than the depths of Hell and he barely had any money to keep the air conditioning to his advantage. He huffed out a few times heavily, tongue hanging out as his desire for a cold glass of water drifted amongst his mind.

⠀⠀Summer was slowly coming and the dark-haired male was more than ready for it, but now that he's going to have to go through it like this— he now has different thoughts. He'd have to get a job sooner or later just so he could pay off the whole apartment, and maybe get a second or third one, too, for the extra things he needed. A sigh left Yuichiro's lips. He was holding back the tears.

⠀⠀Yuichiro knows that Shinoa and Yoichi would be the first to offer assistance at collecting money for him, but he didn't want any of that. Pity, that's what they all felt toward him, and he hated it with a burning passion. "To Hell with that," he growled beneath his own breath to no one in particular. He vowed to himself that he could; would do it all independently without the others.

⠀⠀Suddenly, his phone flashed twice with a loud tweet, indicating he had received a message. Yuichiro grunted, knowing by heart what and who it was, but continued to open up the device and read whatever was typed for him.

──────────────────

Shinoa, 10:38 a.m

Good morning, Yuu-san!
Are you doing okay? If you want, we can pick some food up for you from your favorite restaurant. We can get you some curry and maybe shortcake! XOXO

──────────────────

⠀⠀At that moment, his stomach began to growl, howling for the imaginary plate of curry and shortcake that popped up inside his head. Yuichiro gulped down the urge to agree, instead hissing at the screen before shutting the phone off. "Shinoa's not your mother, so she shouldn't be acting like her. No one can be like mother." He told himself in a whisper, plopping back upon the bed with a grunt, laying his arm over his forehead at an attempt to block out the blinding rays of sunshine that invited its way into his room.

⠀⠀Yuichiro knew that all Shinoa was trying to do was help the poor child that was himself, but he couldn't bring himself to be thankful or appreciative toward any of the things. It felt as if they were telling him, unintentionally and indirectly, that he was weak. He clenched the sheets beneath him tightly at the word, gritting his teeth whilst holding back the desire to scream.

──────────────────

Yoichi, 10:48 a.m

Morning, Yuu-kun. Do you need some company? Kimizuki and I could come over and play some video games or go out to eat or something. We'll bring over some tea and fruit for you, too!

──────────────────

⠀⠀The raven didn't know why he kept on checking whatever they had to say; it was not like he cared. He could care less. But at the same time, Yuichiro knew he needed the things they were offering him— food, company, maybe even a little money, and definitely some advice. He couldn't do it all on his own and he knew it like the back of his hand. What job was the best for him? Would it be good for his schedule with his school hours and work hours? Could he do two jobs and still have time for other things?