Chapter 7

(Lucien)

I jolted awake after a very hot and explicit wet dream about Adrian. I looked down to see that I was still incredibly hard and burning with need. I looked around the room, searching for the noises that woke me up and noticed that not only were they coming from outside, but also Adrian wasn't in the room. I got up and marched over to the door, prepared to make whoever interrupted my dream pay when suddenly I stopped. I could clearly make out two voices, one being Adrian and the other unknown but so familiar. 

While trying to figure out how I could possibly know the other voice, a sharp pain drew out to my chest, making me hunch over.

The door suddenly swung open as Adrian started saying "And this is the alphas quarters which-" I heard as he abruptly stopped once he saw me and rushed over, checking me to see what happened. "Lucien, what's wrong?" He asked as he tried to help me stand up straight. When I moaned in pain, he turned to whoever was in the room with us and said, "Liam, can you dial the nurse on the intercom?" I looked up to see who he was referring too and felt a cold settle over me. So many emotions rushed over me at seeing HIM again until finally I landed at complete anger.

A smirk grew on his at seeing me before he replied, "Oh, so this is your mate Adrian. I'm sure he's ok, just a bit shocked at seeing me." His accented voice spat smugly, "Lucien and I go way back" He finished, his French accent still sending shivers down my spine. I got up and pushed my mate off me, growling "What the hell is he doing here?!" without taking my eyes off of his piercing blue ones, "Lucien, show some respect he's an alpha." My mate scolded. "It's fine. He has a right to act this way, after all we didn't leave on good terms," Liam replied as he inched closer "How have you been mi amore?" He purred, running his fingers through my hair like he would always do when we were together.

Before his hand could reach my head, Adrian had him pinned against the wall. "I don't give a flying fuck about who you are or what position you hold; I don't want you to touch him. Period." He snarled, "He's mine!" He dragged me over to the bed and with good reason since I had no intentions of passing up a chance to hurt Liam. "It’s time for you to leave us, Alpha Liam; Brett can finish up with you." Adrian finished. I was so into blocking everything out as I glared at Liam that I barely noticed what he said until it finally registered that he said Alpha. "You're the alpha." I spat shockingly as I stared at Liam. "Oh did I forget to send you your invite to the ceremony? Well, you did run off pretty quickly so I didn’t get a chance to get your address." He spat snobbishly, "You didn't think there was still a chance for you. Did you?" He laughed as he strolled out the room. I took deep breaths as I tried to calm myself, "He's the alpha of my pack." I whispered, still shocked as I zoned out, "All this work for nothing." I sighed as I broke free of Adrian's arms and lay down in bed "Don't ask questions, just hold me." I breathed out before Adrian could say anything. I shifted into my wolf as I tried not to break down

(Adrian)

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone look this upset and it really didn't fit well with Lucien. I walked over to the bed, caring about nothing except the fact that my mate needed me at the moment and I surely wasn't gonna deny him. I draped my arm over his stomach and cuddled into his shaking wolf form.

  ~~~~~~~

We laid there for hours, neither of us falling asleep. It was already dark outside and I needed my rest since I sent everyone away who came knocking at the door; doubling my work for tomorrow.

"Ready to talk about it?" I asked. He finally shifted back and whispered "There's nothing to talk about."  I sighed knowing he wouldn't be as easy to crack "Whenever you're ready, I'm here." I purred as I kissed his cheek, causing his face to scrunch up as I laughed. "He's gonna be staying here for a while." I whispered after a moment of silence. His body stiffened as he tried to push me off him. I instantly tightened my hold on him using my strength since he’s apparently stronger than the average wolf. I sighed as he broke free of my arms and stormed off to the bathroom.

I waited awhile, giving him some space before entering behind him. I was shocked to see the window open and Lucien missing. I rushed downstairs and let out a sigh of relief as I saw him being brought back in by a few guards. "He was trying to leave." One of the guards announced. I had figured out earlier that he would and told them to be on the lookout for him. "Thank you, you can let him go now." I ground out, trying not to let my anger show, "If he doesn't want to be here then he doesn't have to be." I lied, turning around and heading to my office. I locked the door and sat down as I withdrew into my thoughts, not noticing when someone else entered.

(Liam)

"I can help you with your problems." I whispered and watched as Adrian jumped up obviously surprised that someone had entered. I threw the screwdriver I used to remove the lock over to him and he caught it easily. "Alpha Liam, I'm busy right now." He muttered as he pretended to be doing work. I snorted, "I came in a minute after you. Again, I can help you out." I sat in the chair farthest from his desk and listened as he shouted, "You’re the reason for half of my problems! Why would I even want your help?!" he finished. "You would want my help because I've gone through almost the same thing as you’re going through right now." I looked away from him "When I was younger and we moved to America, my father told me something important; to never trust alpha blood and to always have allies. Of course he didn't expect me to become an alpha but after he died a lot changed. I want to at least follow some of his advice. Since you seem to have a strong and reliable pack, I'd like to arrange a marriage with your beta and my sister." I stopped, letting what I just said sink in for a bit. "He hasn't gotten over what happened with his mate though." Adrian said, obviously trying to figure out if my idea would work out. "That's where you come in. My sister is leaving at the end of the month so I will need you to work quickly" I replied. He sighed before answering, "Alright, I’ll try."

"Good. Now I can also help you out with Lucien." His head swung up quickly at the mention of his mate "Lucien take things for granted, and as long as he knows you'll continue to chase him, he'll continue to run." I said with a smirk as I began to leave. I stopped at the door as another thought came to me, "You did a smart thing by letting him go." I finished as I left.

A/N---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this chapter was originally longer and tad more interesting but i accidentally deleted half of it then had to start over :( and once again I'm sorry that i took months to update i've just been busy with school and stuff .Please leave some comments about how you feel about the way this story is going and everything that would be great :)