Guys' Night

I started the car and called Sid. He answered on the second ring, "Stella?"

"Where's your hotel?"

"We aren't there right now, we're staying at the Marriott down the road from the arena, but we're at the club you took us to last season. Why?"

"I'll meet you there," I replied, ending the call.

I drove quickly, having little regard for the speed limit and made it to the club and record time. I stalked inside and paid my cover. I saw Geno through the crowd and made my way to him. "Where are you guys sitting?" I shouted over the noise. He pointed to the back room and led me trough the crowd. I followed on his heels and Geno lifted a curtain to the room where everyone else was. It was quieter back there and I relaxed some when I saw all of their familiar faces.

Robert stood and walked over to me, "Is everything okay?"

"Of course it's not okay, did you miss the whole incident?" Beau demanded of his roommate. 

"Right, sorry. Stupid question," Robert hung his head and turned away. He sat back down and began playing on his phone.

"What happened after we left?" Sidney asked.

"I dropped him at home, grabbed some stuff and left," I shrugged.

"Wait, wait, wait. You left him?" Robert demanded.

"Not like left him, left him. Just for tonight, I think. I have to see him again tomorrow at work and I don't have anywhere else to go," I shrugged.

"So you came back to us?" Fleury asked.

"Yes."

"You do know that's just going to piss him off more," Sidney reasoned.

"I know, but he interrupted our night and I hardly get to see you guys anymore. He can calm down," I replied, crossing my arms.

"He's not going to," Kunitz said earnestly. I felt like they didn't want me there, which hurt, especially after my fight with Claude.

"Am I crashing guys' night?" I asked.

"No! No, of course not," they all answered immediately and I scanned their faces, looking for anything that said otherwise. Robert was absorbed in his phone and Geno was looking guiltily at the ceiling.

"I can come see you guys later, it's fine," I lied.

"No, you're already here, stay," Letang said.

"No, you guys need to bond and stuff before the game. I don't want to be a party crasher," I grabbed my purse and stood up to leave.

"Stella," Dupuis gave me an apologetic look.

"No, Pascal, it's fine. I'm fine," I exited the way Geno had showed me in and wove my way through the mass of bodies in the club.

I hopped in my SUV and sat there for a minute before buckling my seatbelt and preparing to drive. I needed to not think about anything until I got to a hotel so that I wasn't driving distractedly; that would be too much like my recurring dream. I turned on the car and my passenger door opened.

"I don't know who the fuck you are, but I recommend that you get out of my fucking c- Robert?" I blinked, surprised.

"Hey," he flashed a nervous, quick smile, "So I think I have the knowing you part covered, but I'll still get out if you want me to," he reached for the door handle and jerked his thumb at city out the window.

"No, it's fine, I thought someone was going to carjack me or something," I shook my head.

"You really thought you'd stop them with that little speech?" A full, deep laugh came from Robert's throat.