Girls' Night and Guys' Night

*Stella's Point of View*

Cara and I had the house to ourselves for the night because the guys were bonding and would stay over at the Schenn boys' house for the night. Our cooking skills had regressed back to the ones we had had in college so we were making microwave chicken nuggets, pizza rolls and ramen noodles for dinner and we had heavily frosted sugar cookies for dessert with red and white wine depending on what we were eating at what point throughout the night. We were lounging on the couch in front of the television waiting for the Bruins and Penguins game. Cara and I were sporting our old gear to cheer on our respective teams. "I can't believe he let you keep that shirt," Cara giggled; she was a little tipsy.

"He doesn't know where I keep it or I'm sure I wouldn't still have it," I looked down at my Penguins Staff polo and grinned.

"Ohhh, sneaky. Kept it hidden for five years," Cara nodded and then she saw David Pastrnak on the screen and she let out a squeal. "Ohhh, I love him!"

"What happened to Simmonds?" I teased.

Cara flushed a deep pink, "I didn't think that you knew about that."

"I gave her a disapproving look. "Cara, you can't hide anything from me. I've seen you checking him out, and not just to make sure he's okay to play," I smirked and turned to look for my boys. Well, my old boys. Cara smacked me across the face with a pillow. "Hey! What was that for?"

"For insinuating that my inspection of Wayne is anything but professional."

"Oh, you're on a first name basis now," I ducked the next pillow.

"Listen to me and listen well, Estelle," she warned.

"Hey!" I interrupted, "the use of my full name is uncalled for!"

"This situation is dire and demands the use of your full name to chastise you," she huffed, "Anyway, there is nothing  between me and Simmonds. He's seeing someone."

"Yeah, himself. In the mirror," I scoffed.

"If I was that good looking I would stare at myself in a mirror, too," Cara plopped back down into her seat and set the pillow aside.

"Woah, we're not going there. You're better looking than Simmonds and you deserve someone who will appreciate you," I said.

"Aww, thanks, Stella," she smiled.

"So.... Pastrnak?"

"He's cute."

"For sure, for sure. But he's never met you. What's your in?"

"What?" She asked, "Is this some new slang coming from you, Stell?"

"What do you have in your arsenal that's going to get you the chance to meet him and start your road to your happy ending?" I clarified.

"Oh, I got it now. I should just visit Boston one of these days to see my family and then spend a day catching up with the team and see if they'll introduce me to the new kid," she laughed.

"Sly," I nodded, proud of her little plot.

"I learn from the best," she nudged me with her elbow.

"What? No. I'm not even sneaky. I'm usually like, 'Hey, Claude! I'm going to see the Pens! See ya!' And then I come back hours later and he's all over me to make sure I don't go back."

"See, at least you have someone to come back to. I go to see them and then I come back and I'm sad that I'd left," she frowned at the screen where random commercials were flashing by.