16. Groom hunt

Elijah's POV

I entered the room Keya signalled me to remain silent as she skyped with her family in India.

Obviously, they know nothing about me yet.

I sat at a nearby couch. She and Gia very really lucky to having such a huge family.

I was amused at the excitement of all her family members and the crazy comments by her cousins. It must be such fun to have a huge family, something that we Mikaelsons will never have. No concerned parents or uncles and aunts, or the gang of cousin trying to pull you down.

Infact our parents were willing to kill us, the aunt was ready to take away my niece. We siblings also have a history of hurting each other. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard someone say you are next Keya they are groom hunting for you. I tensed but patiently listened to the whole conversation. Keya gave me glance she knew I was not happy with this.

I was shocked my Keya being pursued by some other guy. I would rip the heart out of anybody who set their eyes upon her, and her parents were keen on getting her married.

"This is a difficult bullet to dodge" somebody said. I just wanted to go and take her in my arms. I was waiting for her call to get over.

When she closed the laptop I sped and took her in my arms. She said that she will talk to her cousins about me first.

I never thought I will ever land in a situation where I have to impress a bunch of youngsters.

I will not lose Keya to any guy. I promised to myself.

But I was lucky that I fell in love with a family oriented girl for whom family is really important. My exact idea of a soulmate.

She could probably be my only hope to finally put together my family.

After all we all love her. Rebekah, Klaus, me , Hayley and also Hope.

Keya's Pov

Elijah this is the gang.

Gang this is Elijah.

"Hello Everybody."Elijah spoke.

My cousins were dumbstruck to know their sister is dating a non Indian. Huge news for them. The normally chaotic household has just frozen and gone completely silent.

Guys!!!!!! I waved my hand on the screen to get them out of the trance.

Aaaaaaaa...it was Sonia who yelled first, "di you are marrying a firang (foreigner in Hindi)...yipeeee..."

"No Sonia we are just dating". I calmed her down.

I introduced everyone to Elijah.

Kavya the bride
Sonia
Kavita
Shilpa
Amit
Aman
Rajesh
Yash

The girls were pretty excited the guys didn't look very comfortable. "Guys yes we are dating and I just wanted you to know it. "

'But Keya, aunty and uncle are already talking about your marriage here. You know we are not allowed to marry out of our community and you are marrying an English guy." Aman spoke

"Guys we are just DATING I yelled. And he is American."

I mouthed a sorry to Elijah my cousins were clearly embarrassing him.

"I know about the groom hunt. You know I have a reputation of being the rule breaker. Its because of me that you can now drink openly in the house, girls you are allowed late night parties and guys you dedicate one day in the kitchen to the ladies." I laughed.

"OK. Its your life be sure of your decision we are always with you." And then the brothers gave a threatening look to Elijah. 'Mister dont you hurt our sister," Yash spoke. "We 4 brothers will come there and beat you to a pulp."

Wait a min did they just threaten a 1000 yr old original. Oh my brave brothers. Elijah nodded in approval. "Don't worry I won't."

"Well I guess then we need to book the complete ward in the Hospital." Yash said.

Why?? Aman and Sonia asked together.

"Well the elders are gonna have a group heart attack when they know that Keya di's dating an American. I hope the hospital gives a group discount."

There was silence again....and then the whole room erupted in laughter's "oh tht will be epic". Sonia said

"I can already see number of prayers being performed to various gods so that she gets rid of him". Sonia added. "No offense Elijah"." None taken" he smiled.

The room was now roaring with laughter.

I gave in with my cousins and Elijah could not hold his laughter too.

"Good bye guys". "Bye di", "bye keya" and "bye Elijahs' were heard. I shut the laptop.

Elijah pulled me into a hug and then kissed me. "You guys are indeed all crazy. Seriously group discount in hospital."

"I love you and your family Keya' he said.

"I love you too."