38. Grandma and then a surprise date

Elijah's POV.

On the third day I saw Keya get out of one of the rooms.

Whose room is that?? I asked.

My grandmother's she said. Your grandmother I smiled.

You have never met her right come let's meet her.

As soon as I entered her room, she got up and sat straight. Grandma I want you to meet someone.

He is Elijah Naani. Keya introduced me.

Namaste I bowed. Kavya had taught me this.

She knows English Elijah. Keya laughed.

Stay away from my granddaughter Vampire. Grandma blurted.

Keya and I stood there still and shocked.

What are you saying grandma???

Keya dear I have ignored the fact that you and Gia are vampires but that does not mean I allow another vampire into the house.

Grandma how do you know all this.

I had known about you and Gia the moment you came to me. But I ignored it. That doesn't mean I will let any vampire get in the house.

I was dumbstruck.

Sit down let me explain. She said. Gia had joined us when she overheard the conversation in the next room.

Keyas POV

Grandma knows about us. Impossible....

Keya we are from a line of witches. Naani added.

What??? that means the family knows.

No unfortunately the gift has not passed to any of my children. It passes from a daughter to another daughter. Do you see this mark on your right hand, this was a sign that you had the powers.

Although we are gifted witches, our power is triggered only when we come in contact with a supernatural creature for the first time. Sometimes the power is not triggered for years, generations even.

But then, why did it not trigger the moment I landed in search of Gia and met him for the first time in New Orleans. I asked.

My grandma wondered for a while and said tell me what were you thinking when you saw him for the first time.

Well... I kind of admired him. I recollected the day when I was waiting at the town square and Elijah came in from the opposite direction.

You kind of fell for him. It was love at first sight I guess. Grandma added. See that's your answer Love is a very strong emotion and it can change many things, since you fell for the very first supernatural you ever met your powers have not triggered till date. Love overcomes all the feelings.

So you mean I was meant to be a witch but ended up a vampire. I added.

Give me your hand. She took Elijah's hand in hers and closed her eyes.

Oh my God. You are the first vampires brought in this world. Naani said. But you are a clean soul, the noble one as I can see.

So Nanni you permit me to be with him.

Yes!!!But with your death the witch lineage is over that's a little hurtful.

Naani don't reveal about me and Elijah to anyone just now. I will do it after the wedding. She nodded and pulled me into hug and kissed my forehead. Gia joined in I am jealous.

Come here son, naani called Elijah and kissed his forehead too. Take good care of her. I will. He answered holding my hands.

That Night******

Keyas POV

We carried on with the routine. Elijah helped my brothers with some shopping and later setting up tables in the canopy. He was trying his best to not be a nuisance as a guest and help everybody. There are 2 more days for the various functions to start.

It was almost midnight every body was sleeping soundly. I very carefully opened the partition got up from one end of the dorm and walked to the other end where the guys slept. Elijah was sleeping in the corner, very softly I woke him up and placed my hands over his mouth so that he doesn't make any sound. With my other hand I gestured him to follow me quietly. He did as I said.

We were walking towards the woods behind our house. When we were at a safe distance from the house he wrapped his hands around me and hugged me. Oh god I missed you so much and crashed his lips against mine. I kissed him back, we broke the kiss after some time to catch some breath.

We continued our walk and had a recap about everything that happened in the past days. Where are we going he asked. I have to show you something and we need some alone time too, then we started walking uphill and reached the top of a small hillock. We sat upon a rock which gave us a clear view of the complete countryside, we could see the house and canopy at a distance.

This was the place we used to come hiking and many times sneak out in the night and have a campfire here. Its beautiful and after midnight you have a small treat.

Have you called anyone in new Orleans. I questioned.

Nope he said. You fool they will be worried I pulled his phone and made a video call to Klaus.

Finally you guys remember us he yelled from the other line we were worried.

Sorry Nik we apologised, its country side and the networks are really bad we lied. Rebekah and Hope joined the call too.

It was an hour since we were sitting on the hilltop, I was resting my head on his shoulders and talking about everything that happened in past days. My mom seems very impressed with you.

He's a gentleman....her words.

What are we waiting for dear..he asked. Just then I saw it flying towards us. There it is I straightened up. Its time.

Elijah's POV

Time for what. I wondered. I saw a firefly come towards us and in minutes there were hundreds and thousand of them flying around us. It was beautiful.

See this was our favourite part. She smiled.

I looked at her. I pulled her into a kiss this time a passionate one and she answered with equal passion I pinned her to a tree in the distance. Slow down Elijah we should be completely clothed when we return.

I came back to my senses and kissed her lips softly. Well we might run out of blood bags what do we do I asked her.

Gia is on it, compelled some hospital staff so that should not be a problem.

I don't know how we 3 are managing our thirst in a house full of humans. She wondered.

As your grandma said. Love overcomes all emotions.

She took my hand and we walked back silently to the house and to the dorm.

Before reaching the house I gave her one more kiss this should do till tomorrow night.