Distraction

DAN POV

"DUDE! What the hell!" I shouldn't have answered the phone.
"Holly just had a call from Becky, she told us everything, didn't you like her? You guys were getting on so well and.." I wonder if I can just hang up...
"Dan are you listening?" Ross raises his voice.
"Ross I'm really busy right now, I'm sorry I rejected her I just wasn't feeling it okay" I hang up. I can't stand Ross being angry at me, I should've said no straight away. Dammit. I slammed my fist down on the table, like I was in some intense anime. I could feel my phone vibrating in my hands, I knew Ross was calling me. I shove my phone in my pocket and listen to the muffled vibrating fade away. I need something to clear my head, distract me for a while. I eye my bass in the corner of the room, I've been neglecting her, I've been so busy with NSP I haven't had a chance to caress her tender strings. Laughing, I pick up my bass guitar.
"Well they won't be tender when I'm done with you" I chuckle to myself, bringing a genuine smile to my face.
Laying down on the lounge chair, I comfortably rest the bass against my chest and adjust my angle so I can still play. I begin strumming simple chords, trying to remember them all from my last lesson. Although it wasn't plugged in, I could still hear a faint noise echoing from the bass, as I hummed the note. I played for a solid hour before I felt myself again, I sat up to check the time, it was still quite early. Today is the first day off I've had in a while and for some reason, I woke up at the ungodly hour of six. I think I'm going to go somewhere today.
I retrieve my phone from my pocket and unlock it, ignoring the several missed calls. I flick through my contacts attempt to find someone I know who is free and willing to hang out this early. I come across a familiar name, and stare at it for a moment. It's been a while since we spoke and it would be cool to see him. Would he be mad? I press call and they answer after the second ring.
"Hey!"
"Hey James"

ROSS POV

"Dan?!" I yell into the phone before looking at it, realising that he'd hung up on me. Oh hell no. I call back. Again and Again. It goes to the answer machine each time. Becky is a wonderful and perfect for Dan. There must be a reason for his coldness towards her, maybe he's sick... no I won't accept that. I ring again and leave a message.
"Dan, I'm not angry I promise, I just want to know what was wrong with her. Becky wants to know, she's really upset man, you got on so well she doesn't know what she did.." I hang up.
I give up and head to the kitchen to see Holly making tea. Holly reads my facial expression and furrows her brow.
"It didn't go well huh?" She gives a weak smile, handing a tea to Beck who is resting her elbows on the kitchen counter, staring at me with a little hope before letting out a sigh. I lied about Beck being here to Dan, I didn't want him to know she had been here all night. He would feel terrible.
"Sorry Beck, he hasn't been he's self lately, ever since Barry moved out he's been withdrawn." I softly say, giving her a soft smile, praying it gives her some comfort. Beck has been interested in Dan for a while, although they haven't met, Holly has been giving her as much detail as she possibly can about Dan. To the point where, Beck has begun asking about Dan almost every hour when we see her.
"We'll try again okay Beck?" Holly reassured Beck, who seem pleased with Holly's suggestion.
"Yes, Definitely" Beck quickly responds, taking a sip of her tea then making piercing eye contact with me, waiting for my response. She looks almost, determined or obsessed...
I mechanically nod, feeling awkward with Beck holding her gaze on me so intently. She smiles and grins happily into her tea from my approval like a spoiled child been given a toy.

Holly and Beck instantly begin discussing Dan, talking about he's features and cute fluffy hair. I shuffle on my feet and fidget with my hands before swiftly excusing myself to the bathroom. I enter and shut the door behind me, I let out the air I was holding in, Fuck, all I can think about is Dan. I don't want him to be with Beck, to be honest, I don't want him to be with anyone. But I know if he's with Beck I'll get over this. I've never experienced anything like this before. Loving two people at the same time. But, I'm married to Holly I made a vow and I will stay true to that.
I lean over the sink and take a deep breath, before splashing my face with cold water, waking me from my thoughts. I begin fixing my hair and examining my face, anything to distract me. I check my phone. Nothing. I can hear Holly and Beck laughing in the kitchen. If Dan and Beck are together, it will help me over come this feeling. Dan will be taken, like me and my feelings will go away! It's the only way, it has to work. Beck and Dan will be happy and I won't feel like I'm betraying my marriage. I pick up my phone and ring Dan again. He needs to pick up.