Part 4 - So, What's The Plan?

MOURI AGENCY

Tuesday, 6:51 A.M.

The next morning, Hattori Heiji finds himself walking the streets all alone.

The streets are almost empty in the wee hours of the morning, except for joggers and cyclists making their daily exercises. One particular grocery store had been open for as early as 4:00, so heading there had been his first activity of the day.

However, going there was nothing but a waste of time. Nothing from inside the store had been taken out of its doors, all because Heiji forgot to bring his wallet with him.

But as he proceeds to head for home, his thoughts are not on grocery stores or the soda he would have bought had he not left his wallet at Mouri's.

Something else has been plaguing his mind since yesterday.

Conan and Ai are being targeted by some shitty organization.

The situation makes bile rise from his stomach.

It sickens him, only by thinking of it. The Black Organization is the one at fault for this in the first place, shrinking Shinichi with a drug that Haibara Ai herself had developed. Now they're pointing death at each of their faces without any hesitation, knowing full well they would fight anyone just to have them killed.

Heiji sneers.

Well, sorry for them, but we're not backing down easily, either.

But a plan has to be made to stop them.

So many questions bombard his mind from that. What were they to do first? Who is in the priority list of people to arrest? When it comes to numbers, the Black Organization is advantageous; their members would surely be comparable to an army. Each of them are most probably aware of the plan to kill Haibara and Kudo, too.

Meanwhile, here they are, only having few people, with most of them unaware of the situation at hand. Two of the ones who know what is happening have bullseyes in the back of their heads, targets for the hunt that the Black Organization wants to do. They can ask the police to help, of course, but notifying them while the organization is on the move would be too risky for now.

Heiji scratches his head in irritation. What the hell are we gonna do? He asks himself, huffing in frustration as he tucks his hands in his pockets. That blasted organization has all the strategies while here we are, layin' about like sittin' ducks

Someone bumps into him and almost makes him tumble to the ground.

One step backwards allows him to regain his balance from the sudden impact. He raises his head to glare at the person in front of him. "Oi, watch where you're goin'—"

Only to stop mid-sentence, when he sees who he is talking to.

Blue eyes, cold as ice, glare back at him, coming from a face obscured by a shadow cast from the fedora on their head. Aluminum blond hair flows in straight lines down to their hips, some in front of their hair, almost covering one eye. Their clothes are all black, save for the turtleneck sweater that Heiji sees covering the stranger's nose and mouth.

A chill runs up Heiji's spine as he backs away, almost stumbling again.

...What the hell is up with this dude...