Episode 1 (Part 6)

Back to Joo-eun, who addresses the obvious question head-on: Why hasn't she tried dieting?

As she explains, she's tried every diet under the sun, from cabbage to tofu to trendy celebrity secret tips. She yo-yo'd constantly, and the frequent overworking didn't help.

Tonight, Joo-eun finally wraps up her work after a long night and heads out to meet Woo-shik for their fifteenth-year anniversary. She thinks back to their high school days, when he'd presented her with roses and couple rings on the same library rooftop where he'd first confessed, and they'd counted that as their first day as a couple.

Joo-eun still wears that ring (albeit on her pinky finger now) and heads over with an excited heart, happily anticipating his proposal. Her best friend HYUN-WOO expects it too, grumbling that he'd better have prepared a monster diamond after making her wait so long.

Joo-eun primps in the restaurant bathroom, but drops her lipstick down a crevice in the sink. A tall, sophisticated woman offers her lipstick to Joo-eun, and Joo-eun accepts while casting an envious look at the woman's figure. "Black is a color that makes you look slimmer," Joo-eun thinks. "But it's not a color that makes you slimmer. Dammit."

She finds Woo-shik at a table, and he gives her an offhand hello when she arrives. But he knows the importance of the event and has prepared a whole lavish spread, with wine and cake and candles. He toasts, saying, "Fifteen years... I was thankful." Somehow that doesn't sound promising.

Woo-shik drives her home afterward, and she looks in anticipation at the small box he hands her... which contains his half of the couple rings he'd bought all those years ago. "That is my heart," he says. "Please take it."

She doesn't understand, and all he can do is apologize. She asks what the flowers are for, and he says he felt like too much of a jerk otherwise, which doesn't alleviate her hurt. He says he just wanted to give her the anniversary and starts to break up, but she cuts him off and says she understands what he means by returning the ring. But she's too tired to do this tonight, to which he tries to argue, wanting to get it out and over with.

But Joo-eun says they've been through too much over the past fifteen years as first loves to end it with a one-sided announcement from him. She leaves the flowers and the ring in the car, and tosses another gift box on top of it-hers to him-and leaves with an angry "Congratulations" (for their anniversary).

She goes home hurting, wondering if there's something in those massive law books that'll help her understand this situation. "Everybody may be equal before the law," she thinks, "but not in front of the mirror."

Joo-eun sleeps in front of her TV that night as it plays a broadcast of The Stella Show, featuring the amazing transformation of its star, all thanks to the trainer John Kim. The show wonders who this mysterious John could be...