Episode 12

After collapsing in stress-fueled pain, Young-ho is given a pep talk by Joo-eun, and he collects himself enough to enter the event hall. He's called to the podium right away, and he looks to Joo-eun for confidence just for a moment, before he introduces himself as the new director of Gahong.

As the applause dies down, Yi-jin plunks herself down in the chair next to Joon-sung, and I love how Joon-sung automatically assumes this is another of Ji-woong's schemes. But as it turns out, her father is one of the CEOs of Gahong. She mentions coyly that she and Joon-sung have lain together, which of course Ji-woong takes in the naughty way, but Joon-sung just grumbles at her to please go away. Seriously girl, go away.

Stepmom stayed at home tonight, and Uncle calls her to give her an update, but not before griping at her for not showing up and blaming her for being the family outcast. He hangs up and heads back to the hall, and we see that Young-joon came all the way from America, and overheard Uncle's conversation with his mother.

Meanwhile Stepmom looks at a picture of her son on her phone, and tells him that she's just fine. But she's definitely not fine.

After the event, Young-ho keeps a straight face as he walks through the paparazzi to his car, but his control slips when he sees Joo-eun being jostled by the crowd. But she sends him a little finger-heart, and he winks back, and his expression relaxes.

Once he's gone, Joo-eun sits on the steps to rest her feet, sore from her ultra-high heels. She's there for quite some time, seeming to be actually injured, until someone approaches her — it's Young-ho. He says he forgot to tell her how pretty she looked today, "... pretty enough to be in my dreams every night." Well, excuse me while I swoon.

He notices Joo-eun massaging her foot, and kneels to check it out while teasing that she'll never be Cinderella. He comments on the size of her feet and she counters that she's not a small lady, and Young-ho agrees that she seems bigger every time he sees her. He means "bigger" as in "more important," which is sweet.

He suggests they get her foot x-rayed, but she tells him to go rest and she'll just take her pumpkin carriage home. They both look up to see Ji-woong and Joon-sung waiting for her. (They both look mighty handsome in their tuxes, by the way.)

While Joo-eun's boys are fawning over her, Soo-jin walks herself to her car alone, staggering and looking unwell. She starts to collapse, but she's caught by Woo-shik, who's finally in the right place at the right time. Soo-jin allows him to take her home, but then asks him to leave.

Woo-shik thanks her for helping hide the fact that he leaked Young-ho's John Kim identity from the press, but she says she just didn't want the bother. The kind way he's looking at her gets to her and she tells him she's not a nice person — she's vicious and cruel, the kind of bitch who steals her friend's boyfriend.

Woo-shik just says that's not true, that she is a nice person, which starts Soo-jin screaming that she's not. Woo-shik just folds her in a hug, and asks if she remembers that day she passed the bar and had the disappointing blind date. Even as she was crying in shame, she'd noticed his injured hand (from punching her jerk date) and been upset for him.

Soo-jin pushes him away and says that she's changed, but his sympathetic expression doesn't waver. Woo-shik says that he understands if she's mad over the incident with Joo-eun's stalker, but he noticed that she also ran to the police station that night and protected him. As her eyes well up, he says that she hasn't changed at all. She still thinks of others first. Soo-jin finally breaks, and sobs on Woo-shik's shoulder.

The boys help Joo-eun hop into her apartment, a little too enthusiastically, ha. Her mom has come to visit as a surprise, and looks shocked to see her daughter with two such handsome men. They proudly preen when Joo-eun says that they're her friends, and that they brought her home because she hurt her ankle.