A Dream in the Streets

By: Aangkorra0

An Dream in the Streets
The dog shivered in the midst of the windy, foggy night. He stood in the soggy grass, howling softly for it's owner. He gave up after five minutes of making noise and decided to roam the empty streets full of stray animals. He cowered by a garbage truck and decided to rest for a while until a dark chocolate-furred cat hissed at him. The dog just growled and barked back, gritting it's teeth. The cat squinted her eyes, licked her paws, and leaped off the trash can.
"Follow me," the cat murmured, at least those words are what the dog made out.
"You can speak my tongue?" the dog asked.
At first the cat looked a little confused but then replied, "Just follow."
She leaped past a huddle of stray mice and ran through the hollow streets. The dog just followed her, astonished on how fast the cat could run. They stopped near a shelter for dogs and strolled inside.
The place was a circus. Inside was a mess full of animals making noise as loud as possible and cowering in cages, a ruckus worse than the dog had ever seen before. Suddenly and unexpectedly, the cat screeched at the top of her lungs.
"Tonight, all is free!" she chimed out, and motioned me to help her break the cages of the animals. The animals praised and cheered, and even from the ruckus before, it felt much more satisfying.
~
The dog and the cat released all the animals out on the streets, and when they stepped out, the setting had changed from gloomy and dark to a bright and sunny outdoor environment. Both animals were shocked and gazed around at their view.
"We make a good team, even if we're opposite animals." the cat said. The dog was preparing to reply but the cat disappeared following the setting being faded until his whole view changed back to a nice, cozy kitchen.
The dog squinted his eyes, and a blur of his owner came over to him.
"Mom! Paddle woke up!" Timmothy, his 6 year old owner, blurted. The mom folded her arms and walked over, chuckling.
"Hope he doesn't get caught into anymore fights with Hershey." she remarked.
Hershey, the dark chocolate-furred cat that Paddle always had fights with, apon hearing her name, sassily strolled over giving Paddle dirty looks, but in the corner of Paddle's eye, he swore he saw her wink.