Xephmadia: Falling In Love

Xephos's POV:
Despite the time he had been on this planet, Xephos still felt like he stood apart from everyone. They were kind enough, they had all helped him after his ship crash landed on Minecraftia. Normally he could push his doubt aside, but after dark was when he stuck out from the others the most, much like he did now.
Xephos sat in silence at the bonfire next to the two particular people he had grown closest to. His best friend, a dwarf named Honeydew, and the girl he denied he was falling for, an owl loving witch named Lomadia. Sitting there, it was obvious he was nothing like them, his blue eyes were shining as bright as torches and he was easily 6'5" where as the tallest person in the group was Lalna who only topped out at 6 foot.
"Are you okay Xeph?" Lomadia's voice was tinted with worry.
The spaceman felt his heart flutter at the sound of Lom's voice. "I'm fine...just a bit tired."
"Are you sure?" Lomadia looked flustered as she talked to him, although he couldn't figure out why.
"Positive, now listen to Rythian's ghost story." Xephos chuckled nervously.

Lomadia's POV:
Lomadia turned back to the ender born with hesitation, she knew something was wrong with the spaceman.
She was falling head over heels for him but she knew he didn't feel the same way.
She didn't want to be heart broken because she fawned over a man who had to leave, and never loved her in the first place.
The witch knew he must feel alone being different from the others, that's why she was falling for him. She always felt like she stood apart from the others with her owl wings and tail, but they accepted her just as they accepted Xeph.
"And the girl was never heard from again." Rythian finished his story with a round of gasps.
"Great story Ryth! But now who wants to roast marshmallows?!" Honeydew called out holding four massive bags of the fluffy treats with a few more bags sitting on the ground next to him.
A chorus of laughter was followed by almost everyone getting up to roast marshmallows.
Everyone that was but Xephos. He stayed where he was, watching the fire.
Lom roasted two marshmallows and took one over to the spaceman. "You aren't okay. Why don't you tell me what's going on?"
"It's fine honestly." Xeph was being vague which was odd, normally he was very articulate with what he had to say.

Xephos's POV:
"We both know that's a lie, but if you don't want to talk about it till we get home that's fine too." The witch referred to her house well it was more like a mansion that was suspended in the trees.
"Alright, I'll see about when we get back." The spaceman had no intention of telling her what was wrong, because to do that we would have to confess his love for her.
"You know you can always talk to me." Xephos wasn't sure, but he thought there was more than just friendly compassion glittering behind the owl girl's eyes.
It had taken Xeph quite a while to realize that despite the fact that the others eyes didn't glow the way his did, they still lit up when they smiled and fell dark when they were sad. The other difference that had confused him was that when they were embarrassed or excited, there eyes didn't glow brighter but their cheeks turned red in a phenomenon they called 'blushing'.
"If you two don't get over here all the marshmallows will be gone!" The demigod Ridge called from where he was floating above the others holding a marshmallow on a stick in the flames.
"Coming!" Lom responded, "Come on." She grabbed his hand and pulled him up. When she took his hand he knew his eyes began to glow a little brighter because the reflection of the light of his eyes became more intense on her long blonde hair.
The pair grabbed some marshmallows and roasting sticks and got a few weird glances from the others as if they knew something the pair didn't.

-----Later-----

The duo had gone back to the tree mansion and Lom pounced immediately. "So what's going on with you. You always participate in the bonfires and usually tell a ghost story of your own. I haven't seen you this quiet since your first night on Minecraftia."
"I'd- I'd rather not talk about it." The spaceman didn't want to reveal that he loved her...he couldn't bear the loss of the owl girl when she would inevitably say she didn't love him back. He had already lost every one of his family and friends from his home.
Xephos had figured out only days after the crash that he didn't have to resources to return home. But he hadn't told the others because he still wanted to believe he had a chance of getting back. Because of this he couldn't risk losing the one person he had gained in his new life.