♫ One Chance

Punching the wall wasn't one of the smartest idea's I'd ever had, in fact it was probably one of the most idiotic. It caught the attention of several others in the room though, putting them more on edge than they probably already were. I returned their stares with a glare of my own, resulting in them averting their eyes from me instantly, unnerved by the don't mess with me attitude I was putting across right now. 

Waiting had never been something I'd been particularly good at and impatience was a quality that described me very well, though, not usually to the extent where I became violent like right now. 

"Ami, sit down," Finn hissed quietly at my side, looking up at me with pleading eyes from his chair. I sighed and checked that I hadn't dented the wall before slouching into the chair between my brother and Ky. It probably wouldn't make the best impression had I been liable for property damage by the people who held the key to my future happiness in their hands. 

I shuffled around in the seat trying to find a comfortable position before finally resting my head against my brother's broad shoulder, one leg over the other in front of me. I stayed in that position momentarily before my leg began to shake incessantly, a habit I'd developed over the years when I was nervous about something. 

The click of heels approaching caused everyone to sit up in their chairs, anticipating the next name that would be called. An audible intake of breath came from everyone in the room, including myself though I wished it hadn't, I didn't like that something had the ability to have me so on edge when I was usually so composed. It was very rare that I could be caught of guard or made uncomfortable these days. 

The perky blonde woman entered the room for the third time since we'd been waiting, clipboard in hand, pen tucked behind her ear, black frames perching on the end of her nose, looking the height of sophisticated as she held the power of knowing who was next over us.

After an agonising minute of her silently scanning her papers she began to speak, "Can group number 348…" I slumped back in my seat, I was fully aware that our group number began with 349 so I zoned out, as did most other people in the room at the number that didn't match their own. One group of guys however, stood up, the nerves on their faces showing how young they were compared to most of the other people in the room. 

After another ten minutes of number calling and groups leaving passed, I was on the verge of having a breakdown. 

"I can't take it anymore," I announced, standing up and beginning to pace in front of the three boys who were trying to hide their nerves. 

"Leigh, stop pacing you're making us all more nervous," Jase pleaded from next to Finn. I shook my head in violent disagreement.

"No, I can't take it anymore, why would they tell you to be here at least fifteen minutes before the time you're scheduled for, incase they're running ahead when we've been waiting nearly an hour and this room is still as bloody busy as before!" 

"Leigh, just calm-"

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I interrupted my bandmate, glaring. "We've been here for an hour, and I'm not the most patient of people as you know. I'm so nervous I don't think I could even stomach cookie dough right now and the whole of flipping Phoenix knows how much cookie dough I can eat even in the most ridiculous circumstances. And if whoever is creating that incessant tapping noise doesn't quit it soon I am going to castrate them and cut of their fingers so they can never tap again!" The volume increased as I spoke and the immediate ceasing of the tapping showed I seemed angry enough to scare one of the many guys seated around the room. I sighed calming a little now that the noise had stopped, that was one thing less on the list of things that were irritating me right now.