Chapter 13: I Have a Nervous Breakdown

I spent two hours of my day in the library, with Jim watching me. I wasn't really studying...I was thinking about going to sector 5. Then I thought about why I was at Kadic in the first place. When I got out of detention, I went to my room and locked my door. I sat on my bed hugging my knees and crying. I heard a knock on my door and Odd walked it. He sat down next to me. "Hey, what's wrong? I was walking to Ms. Hertz's class and heard you crying." He said.

"Odd, the only reason I came to Kadic was to find William and tell him I'm okay...and he's possessed by XANA..." I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Well, it's okay..."

"No, it's not! I've spent three years of my life on the run, my best friend dies when I come back, my brother is prisoner to a computer program...I can't even imagine how my parents took it when I ran away..." I said. I was going to say more when Odd kissed me. On the lips. I didn't resist though. I needed it. We stayed locked in a kiss for about a minute. Afterward I hugged him. "Double-cross me and you'll regret living." I whispered into his ear. He laughed.

"I probably will. By the way, Ulrich still has a red mark on his face." This time I laughed. We both got up and went to class.