Chapter 2

(Photo of Harry as I imagined in the story)

Lanie's POV

The wagon creaked as it raced toward the high walls of the village. Women were holding onto one another to keep from bouncing off. Men were hanging onto the wagon instead. I simply sat there and watched.

My body still was trying to comprehend what happened back in the forest. Guilt hung high above my head. The reason was because I nearly had sex with a stranger and I loved it.

I found myself thinking about Harry. Was he ok? Did he get on a wagon?

Savannah was in tears as she held onto Perrie. She was probably just crying because she didn't get to sleep with that guy she was all over earlier.

I turned my head away in disgust and watched a man and woman holding onto each other. The woman sat on the floor of the wagon as the man shielded her from any harm that may find her. As the woman's eyes met mine I smiled weakly at her. She smiled back but I could see the fear in her eyes.

I couldn't understand everyone's fear. I was scared being in the forest with the beast behind me, but now that I'm out I have no fear left.

The werewolf wouldn't attack any human tonight. We had given an offering last night just for reassurance that we would be safe. Poor Elizabeth.

While we raced back to the village I heard rustling of trees as we road along side them. It was the same sound that had been in the forest after Harry left me.

Harry...

Before I could dwell any longer a strong grip caught me, yanking me out of the wagon and into the trees.

I screamed out hoping someone would pull me back in. Everyone simply stared in horror.

Savannah's POV

I couldn't believe it. The boy I had wrapped around my finger told me he wasn't interested. He even let me kiss him!

The sound of Lanie screaming snapped me out of my thoughts. When I turned she was gone.

"Lanie? Lanie!"

"S-she... The wolf..." A woman sitting on the floor of the wagon spoke up.

"Did it grab her?!"

She nodded. Tears filled her eyes as she grabbed a hold of her husbands legs. He was sitting above her.

"Lanie!" I shouted into the forest. "We have to get her! We can't just leave her!"

"It's too late. She's gone." One of the older men told me.

"No she's not you fool! You're too big a coward to try to find her!"

The man looked straight into my eyes. "As you should be as well. A girl like you would be gladly taken as well."

I gulped back my fear. I turned and watched the forest disappear behind the wagon.

She's gone.

Lanie's POV

The grip on me was strong. I think it may have broken a bone in my arm from the strength that pulled me from the wagon.

I could still feel the grips on my arms. I noticed they were only human hands.

"Are you crazy? You could have killed me!"

I turn around and find myself face to face with Harry. I can tell that his breathing is just as heavy as mine.

"How did you even pull me out of the wagon anyway? My sister is probably freaking out. I need to get home."