Chapter 1

I was sat perched up on my elbows staring at the wall across from me just thinking. Often I had these days occurring. Just me lying in bed, thinking. It's not like my life was 'boring', I just had a different way of seeing things than rather going out to parties and getting laid every other night. I'm not like that, but I'm not completely bland either. I mean, I've had my fair share of boyfriends, one when I was 9 but I'd say that hardly counts, and another when I was 15. I'm now 17 but I could care less about boys really. All they really want from you is one thing and I'm definitely not that type of girl. Well, that's what I do, think about boys and the girls that make themselves look too fake to even sell in toy shops. I've had enough thinking, it's making my brain hurt.

I threw on my hoodie and black skinny jeans, grabbing my phone and walking out of the door. I need food.

I started walking to the small café down the street. The streets aren't fairly busy. Good. As I was nearing the small old brown wooden café I felt sick for some reason. Maybe it's because I haven't eaten. Or maybe because I had sex with Chad, the schools biggest hottie. Ha, who am I kidding? I have self dignity but god is he sexy. Nah, I'm just hungry. I entered the café and was the only one in there apart from the old man reading his paper at the end of the long broad counter having his cup of tea.

I walked up to the counter and ordered my cheese toastie and found a sitting booth at a window. I'm not really the one for a cheese toastie, but it's just one of those days. I was sat bored staring at the dark maroon chipped nail polish that coated my nails. I really need a makeover. I wasn't 'fat' but I had my curves but not enough to judge, I was a nobody, everyone saw straight through me, like I care anyway. I'm happy with my bestfriends Sash and Kel. I don't need to make my hair brighter with blonde, I preferred my dark hair, it brings out my pale skin tone. We have hardly any sun here to get a tan, obviously due to living in the most depressing weather ever, in England. Who needs a tan anyway? Besides the girls at my school who need their fake spray cans of gallons filled with the chemicals. Eugh. Makes me sick. Individuality, we need more of that. Hardly anyone has the-

"Cheese toastie." the Middle Aged lady smiled down at me offering my order.

"Oh, thank you." I smiled showing her my full attention rather being off in my own little world that I was in moments ago that she obviously noticed. And now I feel embarrassed.

She placed the toastie down and left, I stared at it for a while. I ate my food quietly and grabbed my phone from the table and started typing a text to Kel.

"Hey babe, just wondering what you're doing? Let's hang if there's nothing on! X."

Now I'm not really the one for pet names like 'babe' referring to well, anyone, but since I've known her my whole life, it's acceptable. She's my bestfriend. My sister.

Minutes later I received a text from Kel reading, "Aye love, can't today, Ryan wants me to go to the beach! Sorry! X".

Ryan was her little brother, and she would invite me to the beach but knows how much I hate cold water. I don't even know why she's going for a swim! She's going to freeze her tits off.

"That's fine babe! Speak later X." I text back.

I sighed putting my phone back down and eating the rest of the cheese toastie. It was good really..the toastie that is. Not my boring life without Kel with me. I would invite Sash, but she's away on holidays with her family. While I'm stuck here doing nothing for the two more weeks of break that are left. Great.

Now what? Home? No. There's nothing to do here! It's so quiet and small. I could go shopping? Actually no. I work too many hours for so little pay just to waste money. Football fields to watch Chad? Maybe not, I'm not a stalker, and his little watchers will be there, huh, stalkers.

So I just kept walking around the town down to the Ridge park. It's small and placed in the middle of a field with two swings. The kid inside of me soars. Like, I'm not a kid, 17 actually. My mum and dad still treat me like a baby, it's annoying really. They got a divorce and both my Mum and Dad are already in a relationship..not with each other though. That would be confusing, again. I mean I like my Mum and Dad together but not together together. They didn't really work well. At all. And I'd rather be out than listen to my Mum and her boyfriend even talking. They're just annoying. At least she's happy with him, he's a good guy really. I haven't met my Dad's girlfriend yet, and to be honest I don't want to. Yeah; I have an older brother but he could care less, he's always out and partying, yeah, he chose that crowd. But whatever, he's old enough to decide what's right for him.

I just sat on that swing for an hour, no wonder my arse is numb. As I started walking away from the almost abandoned park as I saw a dark figure leaning against a tree as if watching me. I couldn't identify anything really, apart from the lit cigarette between their lips. I kept walking with my head down and hoodie up. The only way out was to walk past them. Great, why couldn't it be brighter in England? So I could at least see this creeps face. As I was walking past them and through their thick cloudy smoke, I squinted my eyes in their direction to try and get a better look at them.

"What!" He snapped, hm, so it's a dude. Unless it's a she with a real deep voice. Doubtful.

I didn't really care how he directed that at me and I wasn't scared because I kept my distance and by the sounds of his teenage voice I would probably know him considering how small this town is.

Oh feisty one I see, I just snorted and started to walk off again, as I was nearing the entrance i looked back at him to see him eyeing me in a cold manner, oops if it wasn't Harry Styles. Prick.