23. *mature*

{re-cap}

z.m pov
you're the father, correct?"

liam shook his head, "sadly, no. but i want to be." he placed his hand on the small of my back, as i nudged my head into his chest.

"would the biological father like a pic-"

i was quick to reject his question, "no! i'm sure he doesn't want anything to do with it..."

"very well then, i'll be back.." he left the room with only the two of us left, technically three counting the baby.

sadness came upon me as we drove home, i didn't want shahid to find out or harry. especially not harry, i wonder if i could talk to louis. he seemed to be the understanding type, maybe he would listen.

liam placed a hand on top of my knee, whilst he continued to drive to his empty house. even though liam wasn't the person that created the baby, i wanted him to be the father because i love him.

I stared at the image that was in my hands , it was a photo of a human. a really tiny human actually. he/she/they are beautiful. my consideration of keeping the baby is high. I might do it for Liam's sake not mine. i could see the eagerness in the way he talked and how he kept bouncing in the long car ride to the doctor. asking about my opinion on how it's going to go and what is going to happen. he was the type of soon-to-be-father who wouldn't shut up about the future.

the scary thing is he already started investing in various objects for the baby , such as a crib , toys , things for it to poo in. it's really gotten to his head. but in a way I didn't mind. I was away from shahid and that's all that mattered.

the morning when I entered the office I felt happier and liked that feeling. it was as if the pain had gotten knocked off my wounds and that's what I hoped for.

the morning sickness has died down which is good especially since I'm trying to keep this a secret. it seems twisted to hide this , considering I will get much bigger , then it would be harder to hide. the uncertainty is what scares me I can't fathom Harry knowing. the fear balls up further in my heart and mind that it seemed to shake me up. it's all I think about.

I feel like this is eating me up , but there's nothing I can do.

the distance between reality and my thoughts collided as I withdrawal deeper inside myself. the unknown overrules all , to my demise.

...

I then glanced up at Harry as I slumped farther down into my chair. his eyes focused on this lengthy paper, i didn't want to bother him considering he was busy. but I wanted to talk to him about Louis. I knit my fingers together and cleared my throat loudly so he would look at me.

his eyes stray away from his reading and onto me, eyebrows raised, "yes? did you want to say something?"

I nodded, then sat up slowly so that I didn't groan from getting up too fast, "I wanted to talk to you about Louis.."

Harry chewed his lip, looking down at his reading. the look of concern or distress was distinctly shown in his expression. something wasn't okay between the two and that caused a sensation of worry in myself. he relaxed in his chair, looking up at the ceiling as if they were stars. he began to swim inside his thoughts , attempting to articulate words and swallow the hurt.

"what's wrong?" I hummed, not sure if I were in the right to ask that.

a sigh that carried a burden escaped his lips, his eyes trailed to me, "I haven't talked to him in awhile..actually..." he rubbed his eye out of sorrow and anxiety. I got to my feet, walking over to him behind his large desk. I placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'm not going to ask what has happened, but just know I'm here if you need any help."